Chapter Three

"What are you doing, little bro?" Syrus asks as he sits on the window sill next to me. I hold back my panic when I feel his knee touching mine and only nod out to the open driveway.

"I'm waiting for Papa to get home. I miss him so much." I say as I turn to look back outside, patiently waiting for the familiar black car to come rolling up the driveway.

"Don't you think Daddy should be the first to say hello to Papa?" Syrus asks as he turns to look at me. I frown but nod.

"Yeah, I always let Daddy go first. I can't wait until I have a mate so I don't have to wait in line." I say as I move so that I am sitting on my knees instead of on my butt. Syrus gives me a strange look before standing up and leaving without a word. I watch him leave silently, wondering what I said to drive him away once again.

I shrug to myself almost robotically before turning just in time to see a car pulling up the drive. Daddy runs out of the house to great Papa, and I wait solidly as I watch them hug and kiss eachother.

I wish that I could have someone to do that with. I kiss him or hug him like Daddy does, that would be weird. I wish I had a mate like Papa, but I feel like that will never happen, because I never leave the pack, and I would have found my mate by now if he was in the pack.

I know Papa loves me, but sometimes I think he keeps me in the pack so I won't find my mate, because he never wants me to leave, not that I would ever leave Papa, I love him to much. If I was to ever find my mate, I would want him to come to me and love in the pack with me and my family.

I see Papa and Daddy have finally parted, and are headed to the pack house. I jump out of my seat and race to him. Papa smiles as he sees me running to him. He drops his suitcase and picks me up as he spins me around. I giggle as I kick my legs out, feeling like I'm flying.

Daddy smiles at the two of us before grabbing Papa's suitcase and pulling it with him to the pack house.

Papa use to worry that Daddy was upset that we had such a close relationship, but Daddy was quick to reassure him that it was fine, and that he loved that I felt comfortable around at least one of them.

It hurt knowing that he thought I didn't feel comfortable around them. I love all of them, but my siblings never really put any effort forth to understand the way I am, and Daddy loves me with all he has, and I love him too, but Papa and I have always had a stronger connection. I think it has to do with him being an alpha and me being an omega.

Papa carried me into the house in his strong arms, but put me down to quickly so that he could great everyone else, but unlike everyone else, he didn't leave me, he came back to me.

He understood me.