Epilogue

I jump from foot to foot as I wait for my turn to get off of the plane. I had ended up staying for two months with my family. A week before I was planned to leave, Daddy had gotten attacked by rogues and I wanted to stay to make sure he was okay. Lawson understood, but I was defiantly missing the touch of my mate. It's been over two months since I have touched him, seen him, and I am about ready to burst with excitement.

Finally when I am able to make it off of the plane, I grab my bag and walk as fast as I can to the pick up area. I have to take a cab since I wanted to surprise Lawson, he thought I wasn't coming in until tomorrow night, but when I saw this flight online I booked it and got to the airport as fast as I could.

I give the cab driver the address to the pack house, and by the way his eyes widen slightly I can guess that he doesn't drive there very often. I watch as he puts the address into the GPS before driving off. I guess that most people wouldn't take a cab, they probably would just run there.

The drive is short, only about twenty minutes, but I feels as if it's been years, my wolf chants over and over in my head for his mate, and I am barely keeping myself from shifting, it doesn't help that I have some little feet in my stomach kicking at me. The doctor said it was only two, but with the way they are kicking, it feels as if there is almost ten of them in there.

I lay the man as fast as I can before grabbing my bags and rushing to the front door of the pack house right as it is thrown open.

Lawson, my handsome mate, stands in the doorway, some pack members scattered through the rooms I can see behind him. His chest heaves as he stares at me wide eyes and mouth open. I can see him try to form words, the way his eyes travel from my face to my stomach before back to my face. It makes me feel triumphant to know I had been able to ride my pregnancy from him since I found out about a month ago.

“Sven?” Lawson breaths as he takes a step forward. I smile before dropping my bags and rushing to him. Lawson springs into action right away and scoops me gently into his arms. I roll my eyes since I definitely can handle being held more than you would for a flower, but I won't complain since this is the first time I have seen him in over two months.

“Surprise.” I whisper softly as I lean forward and kiss my mate. Lawson chuckles in the kiss.

It makes me wonder, how we look to people on the outside. I use to be a recluse, never speaking to anyone, only interacting with my dad. Lawson wouldn't look twice at another person, hide his emotions from others, and worked himself to death.

Now, we have altered each other, I've met my mate, the person before I came to him. My mate has met me, the person before him. Now we are Altered Mates, the people after us.