Chapter 20: Breakfast Bunch

Sunlight bathes my face, making me scrunch my eyes and turn until my face is away from the blinding light. But something is restricted me, something warm...

My eyes shoot open in surprise and I squeak in surprise. I am on my side, a muscled arm wrapped around my waist. And right in front of me, barely three inches away, is the face of Julian.

His gray eyes shoot open at my panicked shriek and his arm left my waist, leaving it tingling and cold. He sits upright instantly before he groans and grabs his head. He turns around to see my panic-stricken face and confusion overtakes his features.

"Autumn?" he asks groggily.

I'm still in shock as memores hit me like the crashing waves in Florida. I cringe as I remember the party, hoing Julian doesn't remember anything.

"Umm.. hi?" I offer weakly with a smile.

He sighs and falls back on the blankets "Ugh what happened, I feel like shit and my back hurts."

I roll my eyes "Don't be a baby. You were drunk and I took you home but you passed out in my car and you're too fat for me so I just got some blankets and made camp outside. Hope you're not mad?" I offer.

Julian laughs, running a hand through his messy bed head. Even though it's sticking up slightly he still manages to pull it off. "Of course it's okay, Autumn. Actually thanks, I probably wouldn't gotten frostbite out here. If you could get blankets why didn't you stay inside though?"

"I wouldn't leave you alone in the cold!" I say.

Julian laughs and stands up once more, hopping out of the bed of my truck. He offers me his hand and I stare at him blankly "Well I may leave you alone in the cold, I'm going inside" he says.

I roll my eyes and take his hand, pulling myself out of the back and landing shakily on my feet. I grab my blankets and when Julian notices my attire he raises an eyebrow.

"Are those---"

"Come on, let's go inside before you freeze!" I interrupt before I turn into a tomato. Tugging him along, I pull out the house key and unlock the door. Julian looks too hungover to question where I got the key, which I'm thankful for. Once inside he makes his way to the kitchen. I lazily follow him, watching as he chokes down an Advil.

He turns to me, looking a bit relieved "Well now that's taken care of, I should probably take a shower. You're welcome to use the guest bathroom to freshen up. No offense but you look like Hell" he comments.

I glare at him and he laughs. Moving over to him, I punch his arm, causing him to laugh more. "Fine, whatever." I hiss. "Douche" I add after a moment.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Half an hour later I emerge from one of the guest bathrooms, my hair in a wet and sloppy side braid while I'm wearing Julian's clothes from yesterday. In my escape from embarrassment I had run into the nearest bathroom with a shower before asking Julian for more spare clothes. Now my wet feet trailed the wooden floors as I made my way to Julian's room.

Once I reach the same door I encountered yesterday--except this time it's closed--- I knock on the door gingerly.

"Julian, are you in there? Can I come in?" I ask. When there's no answer I hesitantly open the door and step in.

"I just need to borrow some clothes and-- Ah!" I shout in surprise, twisting around.