23.

"Mmm..." I mumbled as I rolled onto my front and wincing at what the action did to my head.

My hand flopped off the surface I was sleeping on and whatever it landed on hurt like a bitch. I swore into the leather sofa that must have been my bed last night.

"Ow..." A voice mumbled and I could feel the vibration on my hand. I opened one eye and my vision eventually focused on what was on the floor beside the sofa.

"Bruno...?" My voice was so coarse it hurt. In response he rolled to his side facing away from me.

I shifted onto my back and upon opening my eyes I recognised exactly where we were. Phred's. I remembered we had come to celebrate Bruno signing the final papers for his album.

"My head fucking kills." Bruno murmured and rolled onto his back.

"Join the club." I say and his head tilts towards me. I can make out his smile. I can tell that he needs a hair cut. "What happened last night?" I try to sit up, but the movement was still too sudden for my sensitive head.

"...we got married" Bruno deadpanned still in his sleepy voice and even though I know he's probably joking I feel my eyes widen."I'm joking, Tina." He chuckles and it's hoarse which means he probably drank as much as I did last night if not more.

"...you're not funny"

"I'm fucking hilarious; didn't you hear I'm hosting SNL?"

"Its wonders what a script can do." I counter trying not to laugh. That would hurt too much. "You need a hair cut."

Bruno brings his hand to his hair. "What? No I don't!"

"You do, it looks like you're trying to grow an afro." I say calmly.

"Maybe I am, Tina."

"Ha, sure."

"I'm being serious, you know how soft my hair is now that I've let it grown? Touch it."

I laugh a little, it hurts. "Bru–"

"–touch it. I swear it will change your life."

I gave him a look and he just nodded innocently.

"Alright." I give in and lean down towards his hair but I didn't count on losing my balance.

"FUCK TINA!" Bruno yelled when I fell on top of him. "OWW."

"YOU BETTER NOT BE DOING THE DIRTY IN MY LIVING ROOM!" A voice called out from what must have been room over. It sounded like Phred.

"That's all your fault" I moan.

My head, I want someone to shoot it and put me out of my misery.

I couldn't make the effort to get off of Bruno, I had to attend to my head first, I put my hand on my forehead leaning down on his chest hoping to stop the pain.

"How's it my fault?" He hissed. You fell on me!"

"Because you wanted me to touch your hair! " I defended. "Can you just stop talking...my head hurts too much to think..." I put my head back on Bruno's chest.

I could tell he was going to say something but a word never came out. I closed my eyes concentrating on the steady stream of slow beats his heart made and the movements his body when breathing because that's all my mind could handle.

"Here you go"

I accepted the aspirin and water that Kendra gave me. Which was a funny contrast as it was uaully me giving her this to help her hangover.