36.

I just got fired, on my birthday. - Tina Danielson

"So, I know you're not good at this whole technology thing, but you do know that the quantity of the dog food you're ordering is in the hundreds right?"  I kneeled next to Bruno as he sat on my bed on my laptop. He looked at me like he didn't see the problem.

"And it's not that I doubt Geronimo can go through that amount of food in four months but I don't have the storage for that amount of food all at once..." As if my dinky cupboards can hold that much dog food, but it's nice for Bruno to provide all the food for Geronimo and other stuff because at the end of his tour it's gonna cost a bomb for all this stuff together and I'm not exactly 'balling' right now.

"True..." Bruno put his hand on his chin thinking, and then he reached in his pocket, brought out his wallet and pulled out a card placing it next to me.

"...you're trusting me with your black card?" I gape.

He laughs at that, "Uh-huh."

"Yeah, no, I don't trust myself with your black card...I might...buy a private island if you leave that in my possession."

"I think you're over-estimating how much money I can hold on this thing, Tina...and underestimating how much a private island costs."

"Still. I'm not taking your card." I put it back in his hand and was I was relieved when he didn't fight me on it.

"Well, I have enough space at mine so I can get all the stuff he needs and keep it at mine. You can drive down whenever you run out." Bruno looked to me for my opinion.

"Sounds good" I nodded in approval.

"Hmm...but will you steal some of my valuable items while I'm gone?" He mused.

"I guess you'll have to trust me." I smiled. "And take count of all of your valuables you choose to leave behind."

He chuckled, "I'll cut you a key." Bruno's face then adopted a thoughtful look and I knew the direction this conversation was going to go in.

"Don't."

It was my birthday tomorrow and I didn't feel like doing anything special, I just wanted hang out with Bruno and whoever was avaliable like it was a normal day. Plus fate was telling me this was the way to go because most of our friends were busy tomorrow night.

"My decision is final, Bruno. Don't fight me on this; you will lose. Badly, like how Germany lost the World Wars."

Bruno raised his hands up in a surrender motion, his index ring glinted in the sunlight streaming through my window. "I know its pointless trying to tell you what a bad decision you're making but it's too late anyway, I just wanted to know if you wanted to catch a movie tomorrow night, G.I. Joe looks good."

I looked at Bruno carefully trying to find any hint of deceit in his actions and appearance but really, what could he do? It was too late to do anything for my birthday, the girls were treating me to breakfast before splitting up and doing what they had to do for the rest of the day and everyone else was busy anyway.

"Sounds good." I said warily...narrowing my eyes at him, it was met with a sincere looking smile. "Just a movie?"

"And maybe a take-out, I'm feeling like sushi. It's gonna be the last time to get some good sushi in a while..."

Bruno was set to go on tour in a matter of days...what a great birthday present, huh? Goddamn that feeling of dread filling the pit of my stomach that seemed to be living there lately.