19.

The drive had been an angry blur for me.

Thoughts of the Christmas party, Bruno, Amelia all swirling in my head as I knock, knock, knocked on Bruno's front door at his house out in the hills.

I ignored the flash of pain from my knuckles as I carried on knocking, harder now.

Why wasn't he answering the door? He has to be home, I could see his favourite Cadillac in his big ass driveway, unless he got a ride to the party and left with that model after I left.

Yeah he's probably at her place, or in some hotel.

I told myself I would give it two more minutes. Two minutes and if he doesn't answer I'll leave and...do something.

I knocked again, no fucking answer.

I want to scream.

I slam my palms into the door in frustration and when I go to hit it again I miss. The door is open and my heart jumps in my throat.

"What the hell are you doing here, Tina?" Bruno asks,  he's shirtless and in flannel pajama bottoms. He has a hand in his hair as his sleepy eyes looked at mine. I could see the confusion in them and I hear his clipped tone.

"Funny, that was the exact thing I said to Amelia when she showed up at my place thirty minutes ago." I said back knowing how hostile and angry I sounded.

Angry at him. At tonight. At how easily this all has gotten to me. At how easily he's gotten to me.

Again.

I'm in control. I'm always in control. But its three in the morning and I was just banging down someone's door looking like a half crazed hobo I'm guessing.

"Shit" Bruno had muttered at what Amelia had done. He stepped away from his door, wordlessly inviting me in.

Even though he had moved in here months ago the place was still riddled with moving boxes, the walls unpainted and bare.

"She came thinking you were at mine, having sex with me" I continued, glaring at him. "She said you guys broke up."

"Yeah, we did" Bruno shrugs casually and I take a moment to take it all in. No, I'm still confused.

"What?"

Sure their relationship was built up on a foundation of his affairs and lies but for him to break up with her after all that's happened these past few months? That's pure madness.

"I broke it off with her when I came back" Bruno clarified. Another shrug. I wanted to kick him every single time he shrugged his shoulders and said things casually like they were no big deal.

I'll show him a big deal.

"Don't worry I wasn't like: Hey darling, by the way I slept with Tina while we were together, if that's what you're worried about." Bruno said with the same amount of spite he had shown me during Mode's Christmas party. "She must of connected the dots"

"Probably" I agree and take a deep breath. I was still confused and has so many questions forming in my head. Maybe I was too tired for tact so I just asked. "So what's with the break up?"

Bruno averted his eyes to one of his many windows. "It was always going to happen. I er, didn't speak to her the whole time we were promoting the single"

And I wait for more. Because there has to be more, right? He doesn't just break up with her like that, does he? He couldn't after all the shit that we've been through because he was with her.