20.

Be with him or cut him loose - Fara Patzer

Tina, why didn't you close the curtains?

Dumbass, I scolded myself again as I failed to ignore the light glaring on my eye lids.

I finally gave up on the idea of sleep and opened my eyes. I was greeted with a beaufiul view of the sun, bare walls, moving boxes and no actual curtains hanging from the window...

I silently aplogized to myself.

Other the lack of darkness in the morning this had probably been the best sleep I've had in a long time.

When I initially stirred awake in a sleepy haze I noticed that I was way more in the middle than I had been when I first fell asleep. I was basically side by side with Bruno, so close I could hear his steady breathing as he slept beside me, and I liked it, it had calmed me into a temporary slumber.

It's been so long since I've actually just slept with someone in a bed. Our touching hadn't inappropriate but we were still touching, I felt his hand sprawled on my back and my leg was over his leg and it just felt comfortable. Who knows how long we had been like that.

But since then I'd moved, when I realized I wasn't going back to sleep because the Sun was a bitch.

Slowly pulling back the covers I got out of bed and stretched my arms over my head, getting rid of the last traits of sleep in me.

8.43 my phone says meaning I've collectively had about six or seven hours of sleep, a pretty good amount I'd say.

I refused to look back at Bruno because I was confused and conflicted enough without the sight of him swaying me to do something I probably shouldn't do, like get back in bed with him when he had only said he'd let me crash at his place.

And crashed I did.

I sighed deeply and took a step towards the bedroom door.

"You're seriously doing a dine and dash on me, Tina?"

Caught off guard, I spin around to find Bruno beginning to sit up in his bed. He runs a hand through his curly hair and yawns.

"What?" I say because I don't know what else to say.

"Hit it and quit it? Wham bam, and thank you mam?" He lists and I raise my eyebrow because technically that's not what I'm doing. "You just use me for my bed and walk away? Just like that?" He carries on in a high pitch voice and I can't help the smile threatening to tide over. "What is this? A one night stand?"

"No...it's a sleepover." I smile and cross my arms, recalling what he named this thing we were doing last night.

"Exactly, and do people leave as soon as the sun rises at sleepovers without saying goodbye?" Bruno did his eyebrow raise at me.

"No..."

"No." He repeats. "At sleepovers after everyone gets up they have breakfast together, which is what we're doing." He yawned once more and finally mustered the energy needed to get out of bed. "Now, since you're a guest at my house, what can I get you for breakfast? We have a very fine selection of choices between...pop tarts and cereal."

I laugh a little at the big selection of food avaliable. "Surprise me." I answer.

"Will do" Bruno smiled once more and advanced towards the door. He stops mid-stride and turns back to me. "Stay here, try not to run out on me, will ya?"