40.

"Geronimo, I think I'm in a alternate reality." I said to my temporary roommate as he climbed next to me on my sofa and rested his head on my lap. I absentmindedly scratched his chin as I tried once again to make sense of my afternoon.

New York...working for Mode New York. That was the dream. that was the dream that was so far out of reach. Like wanting to be a princess or something like that.

"This is crazy..." I whispered to myself.

I was driving myself crazy.

I needed time to think.

To process.

And I could think of no better place to do this than Rio.

I heard my laptop chime, Geronimo being conditioned to knowing who's usually on the other side of that call jumped off the sofa beside me and ran towards the counter where my laptop was.

He sat beside the counter tail waging in excitement, waiting for me to lift him up.

"I'm coming boy, I'm coming." I chuckled and heaved him up to place him beside the laptop. "Remember, no touching. Tina can't afford a broken laptop."

After leaning the laptop against the wall so it wouldn't fall I clicked answer and saw Bruno's face on the screen.

And backed away to spare my eardrums from Geronimo's loud howling.

"Hey Buddy! AWOOOOO." Bruno began howling too and wow, this is my life now. "It's safe now, Teen." He said once Geronimo was satisfied with his and Bruno's post concert ritual.

"How was the concert?" I asked though I could tell just from the look on his face.

"It was...crazy. I swear people in South America are unlike anywhere else. We could have played forever but that's what Brandon's for." He rolled his eyes smiled that perfect smile of his. "How 'bout you? What'd you get up to after you hung up on me?"

"I'm sorry about that, Analiese wanted to speak to me and..." I found myself stopping at the most crucial part of my story. How could I talk about it when I couldn't make sense of it myself?

"...and what? What did she want to talk to you about?" Bruno leaned closer to the screen.

"...she felt bad about not being up to find me a more full time position. So...she...gave me next week off - time off with pay. So...-"

"-so you've been thinking about the incredible offer to see visit the man, the myth, the legend behind the infamous sold out Moonshine Jungle World Tour."

I rolled my eyes but was relieved he didn't pushed my explanation about what I spoke to Analiese about.

"Uh huh." I nodded.

"You mean the offer where you get an all expenses paid trip to Rio - which is the capital of Brazil in case you didn't know - to see your boyfriend - which is me in case you forgot. That incredible offer, right?"

"Yes, that incredible offer." I smiled.

Bruno nodded with a smirk. "Just making sure we were talking about the same thing."

"We are. I mean, if it's still on the table, that is."

Bruno clicked his tongue as he leaned back his seat, acting like he was seriously considering it."Alright, you've got yourself a deal."

-

"We should land in Rio De Janerio in twenty-seven minutes, prepare yourselves for landing though it should be a smooth one." The pilot's voice echoed from all angles in the cabin.