ALICE (Working Title) Chapters 1-9

Mild profanities 'n' stuff, plenty of blood and gore. Leave some feedback to show me some love, and constructive criticism ONLY, I don't want to know what a turd I am. ALSO: FEEL FREE TO POST THIS ELSEWHERE! JUST LEAVE A LINK TO THIS AND MY NAME: LYLE HENDRIKS!!!!! Enjoy.

Chapter 1. SMALL BEGINNINGS

You are reading this. You have opened this book. You have begun a story. You have begun a story, of a fair-haired, pale girl. She bit her nails, she went to school. She was a very average looking girl, upon first glance. But there was something about her that made people take a second look. She had beautiful brown eyes, the kind you would find in a magazine or on an actress. She did not look innocent and care-free like many of the actresses and models though, her eyes were darting around nervously, she walked very quickly, with one hand on the strap of her satchel, and the other in a tight fist. She was three blocks away from the school at around one o’clock in the afternoon. She was getting many strange looks that might as well have been yelling: Why aren’t you in school!?!!

 The girl though about her predicament. Three year twelves, grade twelves, whatever they called them in the states, were also not in school that day. They were coming for her. The girl was in year nine. Very low on the popularity chain if you cared about that rubbish. All it took was the British accent and not immediatley joining one of those retarded clics for them to be upon her like a set of wolves. The year twelves’ girlfriends. Much younger girlfriends. The girls hurt the Girl. Oh yes, they had their share. But a teacher had seen it happen, in the grimy showers behind the gymnasium, where no one ever went. So the girls delegated the job of beating the lights out of her to their boyfriends. The Girl wondered how much of her blood was in the drains of those showers. And her hair. Her hair too.

The Girl ducked into a tight side-alleyway, but it was a sunny day and she had been through here a few times. It wasn’t the type of alley where you got mugged. As she pushed through the end, she spotted a couple things that could have been good or bad for her problem. She saw the Amadeus Threat Cafe on the other side of the road, she was always safe here. The sweet old lady who just liked to be called Duchess after she saw some royal wedding on her tiny TV in the back room. She said she had gone through what the Girl had described, but never went into detail. The Girl was fine with that.

Next, she saw a police car, parked on the side of the road. This was bad. Inexplicably bad. The worst thing that could have hap…

Of course, the Girl had spoke too soon. There was one of the year twelves. Walking down the pavement on the other side. Sidewalk on the other side. Whatever. He wore a black long-sleeved t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up, black jeans, and some sort of stupid pair of designer shoes. He was old enough to look like a he was about 19 or twenty, thanks to the stubble on his face and a little tall for his age. He spoke to people as they passed by with a look of worry on his face. The Girl knew he was asking people; “Have you seen my little sister? Blonde hair, brown eyes, red shirt?”

Maybe now the cops being here was a blessing. She had to get help, but she couldn’t get seen by the boys. If she tried to come and talk to them and they saw her, they would probably just grab her and mumble something as they headed back to the school. So the Girl kept low and managed to get behind the police car. She reached up, and tapped on the window. It opened with a buzz.

“Please… You have to help me.” Was all she could whimper. It was like in a nightmare. You know something terrible is happening, you get to the person who can fix it, and you just can’t say, FIRE!!!