Chapter 32

Harry's POV

My bedside table vibrates and I grab my phone, noticing I have a new message from Louis.

From Louis:) Ummm did you know about this?!

Below his message is a link to a website. I curiously click on it and my eyes widen when I begin to read the article.

Teenage Girl Recovers from fatal car accident:

Taylor Banks, from Fenton, MO has finally recovered the ability to walk. Back in early June, she was in a car accident with her bestfriend, Ava Thomas.

Ava Thomas suffered far larger injuries than Taylor, including being in a coma for 2 weeks and waking up, not remembering who she was. Now Ava's whereabouts are unknown, and she hasn't kept in touch with people in Missouri. Not that she would remember any of them though.

A strange ringing is sounding in my ears.

Would Ava really keep something like that from me?

We might not be dating at the moment, but we used to and that's usually something you would tell your boyfriend.

I know one thing though. I'm talking to Ava about this. Now.

----------------------------------------------

Ava's POV

"Care to explain?" Harry growls, slamming a piece of paper on the table in front of me.

"How did you get into my house?" I ask, looking up into his green eyes as he towers over me.

"The front door was unlocked," Harry says shorty, before pushing the paper closer to me, "Read this. Now."

His hard tone catches me off guard and honestly it's kind of scary. I lift up the paper and my eyes skim the article.

Teenage Girl Recovers from fatal car accident:

Taylor Banks, from Fenton, MO has finally recovered the ability to walk. Back in early June, she was in a car accident with her bestfriend, Ava Thomas.

Ava Thomas suffered far larger injuries than Taylor, including being in a coma for 2 weeks and waking up, not remembering who she was. Now Ava's whereabouts are unknown, and she hasn't kept in touch with people in Missouri. Not that she would remember any of them though.

My face pales and I clutch the piece of paper, my fingers eventually turning white.

"Where did you find this?" I whisper, my voice sounding extremely frail and small.

Harry laughs coldly, "Are you seriously going to play dumb, Ava?"

I flinch at his tone.

"Where did you find this?" I ask again.

"It's on the internet. Some sort of News Article. Are you really telling me that you have no idea what this means? Because your name is on there Ava."

I always planned on telling Harry about the accident, but not like this.

"Yeah that's- that's me," I stutter, rising from the chair and sitting on my bed.

Harry follows, but remains standing in front me.

"Care to explain?" He repeats, his green eyes both angry and confused.

I take a shaky breathe before saying quietly, "I used to live in the United States, Missouri to be exact. I'm being completely honest when I say that all I know is that I was drunk, got in a car accident, and my memory is gone. I woke up in a hospital bed in the beginning of June and I didn't recognize my own parents, Harry. I didn't even know who I was, or what I looked like. My- my parents decided to move here so I could start fresh and not have the car accident haunting me for the rest of my life."