Chapter 18: Go! Kaito-Kun!!

After years (hours) of chasing Yuuto, I gave up. I halted to a stop and panted real bad. H-He's fast! He wasn't kidding on I couldn't catch him! Dang...

My legs were sore from running. I don't have that MUCH stamina as Yuuto's. I'm really tired, so I sat on the land with grasses I was standing a while ago. Thank goodness, the shade of the tree blocked the heat from the sun.

"Yumi-chan? What are you doing here?" Said a voice from my back.

I turned around to see Kaito in an archery outfit/uniform/something. His eyes were filled with confusion.

"Just... Chasing someone who's an idiot." I answered while panting, still out of breath.

"Mou, it seems like you've ran kilometers, Yumi-chan." Kaito commented.

"I did. Thanks to an idiotic blue-haired..." I grumbled.

"E-eh? W-who, me?" Kaito asked curiously.

"N-no! Not you!" I sighed. "It's Yuuto..."

"W-wow! I never knew someone would match Taiyou's stamina!" Kaito exclaimed.

"How about you Kaito-kun? Shouldn't you be preparing for your archery competition?" I asked as he nervously chuckled.

"W-well..." He nervously said. "I-I'm nervous for the competition, Yumi-chan. It's already the finals!"

"You didn't really answer my question..." I mumbled.

"Whoops, ahahaha..." He nervously laughed. "I-It's just that I want to relax, and this is the place I usually hang out."

"Ah! Gomen! Do you want to be alone?" I said.

"N-no! I want some company too, Yumi-chan." He quickly said while sitting beside me.

We both became silent. It was the comfortable one, but still, some awkwardness was still lingering around. I just stared at the sky and decided to space out, so I cannot mind the awkwardness.

Minutes passed, yet it's still silent. Why is he silent?! I looked from the sky to him to see him staring at me. The way he looks at me... He's looking at me curiously. My cheeks reddened.

"W-What? Is there something wrong with my face?!" I tried saying toughly, but ended up stuttering.

"Nope." He popped out the 'p'. "It's that, you look cute when staring at the sky."

My cheeks reddened more. WHAAAAT?! Aren't you supposed to say it to the heroine or something?!

"E-EH?!" I exclaimed.

"You just looked so peaceful staring at the sky." He commented. "Isn't the sky beautiful?"