Chapter Six: Fed Up

Luckily, Lynn let Nyla go to the movies with Naomi and Jada.

Naomi wore an Aztec designed leggings and a white blouse. The leggings drew attention to her butt and the blouse made her chest look bigger. She wore brown sandals and a gold ankle bracelet with her name on it. She carried a royal blue Michael Kors purse which complemented her orange, brown, and royal blue leggings. She didn't have a man, but she planned on getting one tonight.

Nyla didn't dress up like Naomi, but she wore dark blue ripped jeans that hugged her body just right. She had just bought some new red Toms and decided to wear those. She put on an all white t-shirt and red cardigan. She had two diamond studs in one ear, and one in the other.

Both girls went to the bathroom to put on their makeup and fix their hair. Nyla's hair in a high bun and Naomi's long and curly.

Lynn: Curfew is 12. Y'all got it?

Naomi: Got it mama. You wanna give us some money?

Lynn gave them thirty dollars each, said goodbye, and walked out of the door.

Naomi started the car with Nyla in the front seat.

Naomi: So you got a date tonight?

Nyla: Yeah. You?

Naomi: Nope but I'll get me one. Who yours?

Nyla: Devon.

Naomi knew there was something between them.

Naomi: So what if Patrick be here tonight?

Nyla: So what?

Naomi: Okay, okay!

Naomi smiled at her and gave her a high-five.

They pulled up in front of Jada's house and it felt like it took forever for her to come out of the house.

Jada had light blue jeans that fit her hips just right. The peach colored shirt she had on showed enough cleavage for boys to flock. She wore tan sandals and carried a Coach clutch. Her gold jewelry made her skin look smooth.

Nyla wished Penny could've come along, but she had to go to her cousin's house.

They reached the movie theater and the ticket lines were long. The girls saw a lot of people that they knew. Nyla heard people speaking to her but she couldn't tell who said what so she only said hello back to a few people. They stood in line talking.

Naomi: I'm all dressed up and y'all look so casual.

Jada: And how does that make you feel?

Naomi: Like I'm too classy to be with y'all bums.

Both girls pushed her and laughed it off. As soon as Nyla saw Lyric, that laugh, along with the smile, disappeared.

Naomi: What's wro--

Naomi spotted Lyric in the middle of her question.

Jada: What we supposed to be looking at?

Nyla gave off a mug and Naomi did too. Nyla was about to take a step and Naomi pulled her back without any haste. She whispered into Nyla's ear in a firm tone, "If you fight out here, in public, you go to jail." Nyla calmed her nerves.

A part of Lyric was relieved, but at the same time, she wanted Nyla to step to her.

Jada: What is going on?!

Naomi looked at Lyric again.

Jada: Oh, we don't like her? Okay. She's not even cute so that's fine.