Chapter Five: Confrontation

The next morning, the two girls woke up. Both of them had things on their mind. Nyla sat on the edge of her bed playing with her hair while she looked into her mirror. Penny was still sleep so she decided to wake her up. Nyla placed her hand on her shoulder and shook her lightly. She woke up instantly.

Nyla: We need to get ready.

Nyla walked into her bathroom and started to run the shower water. She closed the bathroom door and undressed herself. She and Penny were best friends for a while so they didn't mind seeing each other's body. As soon as Nyla hopped into the shower, Penny came in to use the restroom and wash her face. While Penny was on the toilet peeing, Nyla was in the shower washing.

Nyla: So how are you gonna get Richard here?

Penny: I'll just tell him to come over. He'll do anything to see me. I heard about what happened with Yasmin yesterday.

Nyla smiled but Penny couldn't see.

Nyla: What you heard?

Penny: That she cussed you out and you started crying or something.

Nyla's smile disappeared.

Nyla: What?!

Penny grabbed her toothbrush and started to brush her teeth.

Penny: You heard me.

Penny sounded like she tried to keep the toothpaste in her mouth.

Nyla: That bitch!

Penny: Is that not true?

Nyla: Hell no that ain't true!

Nyla washed her upper body as the water ran down her back. Penny washed her toothbrush off.

Penny: What happened?

Nyla: Who did you hear that from?

Penny: Umm... You know Julian?

Nyla: The little one?

Penny: Yeah, with the short haircut?

Nyla: That ain't no damn haircut. She just baldheaded.

Penny laughed as Nyla stepped out of the shower. Nyla left the water running for Penny. They did a transition. Now Nyla brushed her teeth and washed her face while Penny showered.

Penny: You never told me what happened.

Nyla: Oh.

She scrubbed her face with her exfoliating sponge. She continued.

Nyla: So, I let Trammel sit in my seat just so he could be by Paris. I could tell they like each other so I sat in front of Paris instead. Mark tried to ignore me by focusing on Yasmin so I teased him and told him I was going to come over. She started crying and shit and yelled out "bitch." That was the only thing she said as far as cursing. Mr. Hamilton pulled her out of class or whatever and she comes back in after they talk. I apologize because I'm mature as hell. So whoever told you I was crying lied. Fuck I look like crying.

Penny: Well, do you think she spreading the lies?

Nyla: If she is, she got another thing coming.

Nyla finished brushing her teeth and washing her face. She left out of the bathroom to get dressed. She wore simple dark jeans, a pair of blue sandals, and an old t-shirt from J.T. Jones that brought back memories of her friendship with Lyric. Fifteen minutes after Nyla washed dressed, Penny came out of the bathroom with light bluejeans and a white t-shirt with black and white Nike trainer shoes. Both girls headed downstairs. Lynn was seated in the living room waiting for the baby sitter. It wasn't normal for Nyla to not see David around in the mornings.