Chapter Fifteen: Reconnecting

Naomi stood in front of Ty's apartment door. She questioned if she really wanted to do this or not. She swallowed her pride and knocked on the door. A woman in a fuzzy pink robe answered. She stood there with a big chest and a big behind. Her face wasn't too pretty, and her skin was in between light and brown. Naomi thought she was at the wrong apartment number.

Naomi: Umm... Does Ty Richardson love here?

The woman: Yeah, who you?

She smacked on her gum and gave an attitude.

Naomi: I'm Naomi.

The woman: Oh, I heard about you.

She called Ty's name and left the door wide open. Ty was shirtless, something Naomi had not seen in a long time.

Naomi: Hey Ty. I just wanted to come speak to you. I see you're busy though.

Ty stepped outside of the door and hugged her.

Ty: I thought you forgot about me. I've missed you Nae.

Naomi felt butterflies in her stomach. She melted when he embraced her. It was as if she could feel the love flow from his body to hers.

Naomi: Is she yours?

Ty: Kyonna? No. Can't stand that girl. She always got a fucking attitude. Come in.

Naomi walked inside hating the fact that he had a roommate.

"Shit, I want alone time."

Kyonna walked into the living room fully dressed now.

Kyonna: Well, I'm going out and Ty, don't touch none of my shit!

Ty: Shut up. I ain't worried about your shit.

She rolled her eyes and walked out of the door.

Naomi sat by him. He put his hands on her thigh.

Ty: You know, you had some good stuff.

He stared at her crotch and licked his lips.

Naomi: Then why don't you taste it?

They both laughed.

Ty: So I heard you graduated.

Naomi: Yeah, finally.

Naomi thought about it and realized that Nyla and Devon were almost like Naomi and Ty a while back.

Ty: What you been up to?

Naomi: Nothing. I've been missing you a little.

Ty: Just a little? Girl I was your first.

Naomi: I still love you.

Ty: I still love you too.

There was a pause.

Ty: Listen Nae, don't let these boys hurt you. You deserve better than the way I treated you. I'm on my own now, and I wish I had someone like you to be with.

Naomi's heart started beating fast. Ty continued to talk.

Ty: I know we haven't talked for a while now, but you have never left my heart.

Naomi was lost for words. She was pissed actually. She wasn't flattered at all.

Naomi: After all we've even through, you hit me with this shit? I been for you and only you for years now and NOW you want to be with me?!

Ty didn't say anything.

Naomi: You really ain't shit for this Ty! I been loving you for the longest! I been waiting for you to talk to me!