Chapter 39

*the same day*

Cals Pov

Ruth, Lovejoy, and I went into the city today for the first time in months. I don't think the three of us have ever been together in NYC since we docked here. That was a first.

Ruth did her shopping while me and Lovejoy moved on to do business.  We then got a coffee and started to walk back. Ruth then suddenly stopped on the corner at an intersection and glared across the road to a church.

"What? What is it Ruth? What do you see?", We then heard the wailing sound of a newborn baby nearby. I then looked across the street to find man trying to settle down his child. It was Jack.

His dirty blonde hair, his long black cuffed trousers, and long sleeved shirt all made him look extra skinny and tall. He held the childs head in the plam of his hand trying to settle it down. He swayed it side to side trying to calm it down. I then saw a plain blue beanie. He has a son. Rose and Jack have a son.

Ruth then looks at me wanting to kill me. She had the it's all of your fault' face/look on. Thinking that, that could of been me with those children. That, that child could of been mine. That the Hockley steel empire would continue on. But I fucked up. And I know that. It's just now that I realised i've lost something. I've lost Rose.

She looks so happy with waltzing up to Jack with.. Another child in her arms?! A little girl. Ruth was right about her having twins.  She had everything she has ever wanted. Him, The children, all of the money and people in the world. And that's what I want. If she could get/give Jack all that stuff why not me? I want it. More then ever.

We then continue to stare across the street. Looking at the life that we could of had.