Chapter 38

Roses pov

*a week later*

I just finished my prescribed bedrest. And now it is Lilly and Jacksons baptism day! Jack got changed into a tuxedo with long black pants and a white long sleeved shirt, excluding the tie from the set leaving an open collar. And I got dressed into a lovely cream dress.

Me and Jack both dressed up the kids like they were our dolls. Jack put Jackson in a warm blue suit (onsie), while I dressed Lilly in a pink one. They were cute put together wearing identical outfits but in different colours . We then wrapped them in a cream blanket each and made our way to the church for their baptism.

***

We arrived and met with Mary, Joseph, and Molly. They were the only people who we trusted and loved. They were like mothers, brothers and sisters to me and Jack. That's why they are being Godparents to Jackson and Lillian.

Jacks pov

"I baptise you in the father, son, and Holy Spirt. Amen", he said tipping water on Jacksons head after each word of the trinity. He wailed when the water touched his head and trickled down. It made him squirm and kick, more so than his younger sister Lilly, who is sound asleep in Roses arms after she calmed down after the same ordeal.

"Right. Everyone in together!", the photographer yelled as he assembled all of us. The flash then went off with Jackson still crying in my arms.

"Rose I think I will take him outside. It's getting a bit noisy in here. Plus I don't want to wake her up", I gave a slight head nod to the direction of Rose's arms where Lilly laid fast asleep still. Rose just nodded and gave me kiss. Before Molly called her over to have a hold of her goddaughter Lilly.

Roses pov

"Rose this is my husband Mr Brown", she introduced me to.

"How do you do", he kissed my hand as I balanced Lilly in the other, "I'm sorry I couldn't make it business as such", he explained, "Molly often speaks very highly of the infamous Jack and Rose", I chuckled at the sound of the word 'infamous'.

"Well I wouldn't put it that way", I laughed with Molly slowly joined in by her husband.

"May I hold her?", he politely asked.

"Of course", I responded handing Lilly over to him, "Jackson's with Jack"

"Oh so you have two?", he said surprised trying to make her settle in his arms, "how perfect. She's very beautiful Rose. Very beautiful", he cradled her and walked away and sat down with his Goddaughter while I gossiped with the others. I then walked over and sat beside him.

"You are blessed Rose. Very blessed", he rocked Lilly back and forth. "Not anyone could do what you did. With Molly she can't keep her mouth shut and the truth in. That's why not everyone likes her. But it's a quality to admire in her", he looked at me knowing that I understand what he is saying fully, "I grew up in first class society. My father groomed me to take over the business. But Molly was a whole heap of fun. She kept me light on my toes and hard at work", I chuckled at the thought of them two being in their younger years, especially Molly, "as much as Molly has the guts to tell the truth, I've never seen anyone walk out the way you did, and especially the way your life is right now. You have a loving, polite, fun, joyful man there Rose. And hopeful too.", he then stood up and handed Lillian over to me, "you two are very lucky to have each other. And she is lucky to have you, little missy moo", he teased Lilly who looked at him wide eyed . I laughed and walked outside to see how the boys were doing.