Chapter 35

Roses Pov

I then spring to life suddenly in the middle of the night. My stomach aches with pains. I placed my hands down on the sheets and they were wet. My water had broken.

"JACK!", I said trying not to wake everyone in the whole house up. Luckily Jack was on alert and woke up suddenly as well. He accidentally placed his hands on were the sheets were wet. His eyes then widened out like an owls.

"Jack! go ring and get the doctor!", he quickly scrambled out of bed down the hall to the nearest telephone and rang the doctor.

Jacks Pov

I rushed down the hall to the nearest telephone I could find.

"Jack what's going on?", someone asked as I ran past their door.

"ROSE IS IN LABOUR!", I yelled out. She then quickly acted on it and ran up to our room. I picked up and started to dial the number. "Come on come on", I heard it ringing. He better be home. Pick up pick up pick up.

"Hello Mrs Cooper speaking"

"Carol. Oh god.. Rose has gone into labour. Do you know where Dr Cooper is?"

"Yes. And I will wake him up and get all the stuff he needs while he is getting changed", I then was just about hang up when, " Jack just stay calm. That's the most important thing at this moment. And Rose needs that too. We don't want to add too much pressure or stress to her more than she already has", I just breathed in and out. Taking deeply to heart to what she just said. "Good luck and best wishes Jack. I know you and Rose will make terrific parents", I just smiled at her remark.

"Thank you. Thank you so very much", it felt like a cupid's love arrow landed straight into my heart.

"Peter will be over their in 5-20 minutes or so. He is getting changed as we speak. But just remain calm Jack. Be there with Rose. Be with her to the very end. That's the most important part. And to be their when you see her hold your child for the first time or to look at it. That is why names count", her words echoed through my mind.

"Thank...thank.. Thank you", I stuttered. She then hung up the phone. I took a moment to let it all sink in before it all came rushing back. Rose. Babies coming. Me becoming a father. It hit me like a bomb inside. I then raced up the stairs.

I flew into the room to see Mary and a servant holding Rose. While two other maids were remaking the bed. Rose then had a contraction clutching her stomach grasping in pain.

Roses Pov

Contractions killed sending massive shock waves around my body. My knees began to buckle, luckily I was then placed back onto my bed. I then tried to get comfortable but they kept on coming.

"Jack!", I called to him. Trying to move through this strong contraction.

"I'm here Rose. I'm here", he said taking my hand and kissing it while I squeezed it, "you're doing splendidly Rose. Soon they'll be here, and we will be parents. Both of us", his words made me feel calm and relaxed. God I wish our children get his sweet talking way with words. And the eyes that I can look into everyday and fall in love over and over again.

*15 minuets later*

"I'm sorry Rose. I just had to drop off some medication that I forgot to deliver yesterday to someone's doorstep", Dr Cooper came in unannounced and escorted everyone out of the room so he could examine me. But not Jack, he stayed put.

"I'm sorry sir but you will have to leave", the nurse ordered him out.

"No. I can't. I have to stay by her side every step of the way", Jack argued back to her.