Chapter 24

Lovejoys pov

It has been months since young Rose went missing after being transported to a hospital. We have no doubt that it was Jack Dawson who disguised himself as doctor George Mason and snuck in and took her away. Their would be no one else but him who would do that. Rose has been missing for months without a trace. She wasn't admitted to any hospital in New York and their have been no sightings what so ever. She has simply disappeared into thin air. Until now.

Everyday I go into the city to collect the paper for Cal and the whole house to read. But what I saw on the front page shocked me and put a bullet in my head. It was Rose. AND SHE WAS PREGNANT! She is as big as a ballon standing beside Jack. I then read the tittle of he 'Mary and Joseph Wedding Masterpiece By Jack Dawson' I then look to right of the photo to see Mary, Cals one and only true love and her husband Joseph. In the middle was Jacks drawing of them both. I must say Jack has quite a gift/talent. His naked sex drawing and Rose and now this. Now the worst part is bringing this home to Ruth and Cal for the whole house to see.

*At the house*

"Lovejoy what took you so long?", Cal said as he exited the house to meet me., "Did some fine young lady sweep you off your feet?", he said.

"No no I am already out of that business", I responded with as I held then paper firmly so that Cal wouldn't see the front cover as we got inside.

"Do you have today's paper?", he asked as we entered the big living room. I then went behind him to shut and lock the doors, and lock all the windows.

"Lovejoy what is the meaning of this?", he asked. I then threw down today's paper flat on the wooden table. Cals eyes widened to see the whole picture before closing on his prey.

"This this.. this is impossible. This obviously is a fake! They are seriously joking with me right now!" , Cal said raising his voice more and more with all of his anger and frustration, that two of his fiancés  have gotten away and got married and now that they are best friends and one of the most wealthiest couples in the country. "Lovejoy this is obviously a fake. They're... they're just both trying to get back at me for all the things I did to them both."

Cals pov

I then looked down at picture and removed my thumb from where it was covering Rose. She is pregnant. My whole body then went weak as I then fell down and sat in this chair. This could not be happening to me right now. Both of my fiancés are best friends, extremely rich, have loving husbands and one of them is pregnant. This couldn't be happening. But it was. Thousands of people went to see Jacks portrait of Mary and Joseph. And it was no doubt Jacks work. He stood their proudly and handsomely besides his heavily pregnant wife Rose. And Mary and Joseph were just standing there beside their masterpiece looking all happy and rich that their holocost upon me that was finally finished.

Lovejoys pov

Cal stared at the picture he was holding in his hand with disbelief. I then slowly walked up to him and took hold of it. He then wouldn't let go of it.

"Do not tell or show this to anyone", he said in a serious dark tone voice . He then let go.

"Eye", I said folding it up and walking out of the room on my way to the kitchen. I then placed it down on the long wooden dinning table as I made my way to the kitchen.

Ruth's Pov

I walked down stairs in my night robe with a glass of red wine in my hand and entered the kitchen to get some snacks for my bath. I then spotted the today's paper on the table. I then put my glass down and picked up it up. The headline on the front page read 'Mary and Joseph Wedding Masterpiece By Jack Dawson'

Jack...Jack Dawson but he surely must be dead. Rose! I then blacked out and fell to the ground.

Cals Pov

I then heard a loud thud in the kitchen I rushed in there to find Ruth on the floor with Lovejoy already on the scene. "What on earth happened?", I asked him. He then bent down and picked up the newspaper that was in Ruths hand.

"I think their is no use hiding it anymore. Her secret is already out. It is printed on every front page of every New York newspaper", he said handing the paper to me before I looked at it quickly,  putting it back on the table. Just then Laura and a few other servants from around the house started running in.

"Is everything all right we heard a...", her voice was then cut off by seeing poor old Ruth lying on the ground.

"Well pick her up and take her to her room", I ordered them. Lovejoy and Laura then each took one of her arms and led her up to her room. While the other servants and I just watched. I then grabbed the paper and followed them up the stairs to Ruths room.

Ruth's pov

I woke up from the blazing sun hitting my pale frail face. I then sit up to see everyone in the house surrounding my bed.

"Morning Ruth", Cal said, "Did you enjoy your sleep?", he asked me. It all then came back to me.

"Rose. The paper. The paper where is it?", I asked, "Where is the paper?", I asked in my most harsh voice possible. "Well?", everyone then pointed their fingers to my bedside table. And their it was. All folded perfectly without an indent anywhere. I then slowly reached for it until I had it in my hands.

"This is impossible", I said now looking at the photo and reading the article that went with it.

"Oh but it isn't. You see Rose is pregnant and married to Jack who now has wealth, fame, money and power"

"No no not that", I said trying to correct Cal, "Rose looks like she is over 5 months", i said to him he then looked around the room.

"Leave us", he said ordering all the people out. He then came in closer to me. "But that is impossible", he exclaimed to me.

"Nothing is impossible Mr Hockley. Remember you met Rose a month or two earlier. Then you decided you wanted to marry her after they meeting", I said stating my reasons hoping that the child was his. I then leaned in closer to him. "You better pray that, that child is yours", I said to him, "Now you can go so I can rest", I said shooing him away. He then left the room. "Dear god please make that child be Cals. Please. Please"

Cals pov

I then walked out of her room to see Lovejoy standing waiting for me in the hallway.

"But you didn't touch her did you?", he asked as he overheard our conversation.

"No of course not. I didn't even get to lay a finger on her Lovejoy. That's how god dam arkward it was. She was scared, she wasn't attracted to me, she didn't want to talk at all. And now Ruth believes that I actually did that, and that she is carrying my child! This just makes the situation worse and more extreme", I said dialling my voice down to my normal tone, "Their is no way that child is mine so it is over Lovejoy. ITS OVER! So I have to forget about her like we never happened and move on", I then walked off away from Lovejoy to cool off knowing that I lost another fiancé.