40: Eomma

"Eomma," You turned around and saw a child poking your arm.

She's holding a Kumamon stuffed toy. Her cheeks are chubby. She looks so fluffy and cute. You knelt down and smiled at her.

"Ne?"
"Are you and appa dogs?" She asked you.
"Hmmm? Ani. Wae?"
"My friends say my parents are dogs because I'm a dog."
"What?!"
"Holly is a dog, right?"

You woke up as you opened your mouth to answer her. You opened your eyes. It's still a bit dark outside. You looked at Yoongi and saw him on the territory marker pillows. He's staring at your tummy worriedly.

"Yah. Why are you still awake?"
He looked at you and realized you're awake. He moved to his side of the bed and lied down again. "I just want to make sure I'm awake if ever you feel pain again."
"Aish. Just go to sleep. I'm fine."
"Ok."

He's staring at the ceiling. You looked at the clock. 4:12 A.M. His phone started ringing. He quickly reached out for it and answered the call.

"Eomma," He went out of the room and to the kitchen.

It's so early for a call. Why would his mom call him at this hour? You sat up to follow him, but he's already back even before you could get up. He quickly went to you when he saw you.

"Why? Does it hurt?" He asked you.
"No. I was planning to follow you."
"Oh. Go back to sleep. I'm not leaving."
"Why did your mom call?" You asked him.
"She's asking if we can go back." He said as he helped you lie down again.
"What did you say?"
"I said we can't because you're pregnant. Travelling that far is not good for Holly."
"I see...About that...can you call her in another name?"
"Her?" He asked confused.
"Our baby."
"Oh. Wae?"

You awkwardly grinned at him confusing him more. He pouted and sat on the bed.

"I'll think of another name then. Let's sleep now." He said before smiling at you.

He lied down on his side and reached out for your hand.  You couldn't sleep so you just stared at his hand holding yours. Why does it feel like something bad will happen? You want to hold his hand tightly, but you're afraid you'll wake him up. Just as you closed your eyes, you heard him.

"Don't worry. I'm always here."