49: Advice from the Doctor

Before anything else, I would like to say that

There are 1075 words in this chapter. I'm so proud. I was able to write that long! And also, mature content. Do not read if you think you can't handle if I use a word about mature things. Anyway, back to the story.

•▪●■♡■●▪•

The next day, you woke up with him gone. The boxes are still in the living room. He had put the groceries to where they belong. There's also breakfast waiting for you in the kitchen. It's still warm. He just left. It's still too early.

You decided to go out and just walk around the neighborhood. However, you heard Yoongi's voice when you opened the door. You quickly yet carefully closed the door and went to the nearest window. You carefully pushed the curtain a little to peek at him.

He's talking on the phone. He looks like he's troubled. He shook his head and ended the call. You saw him walking to the door so you quickly rushed to the couch. You heard the door open even before you reach the couch so you jumped to reach it faster. You groaned as your toes hit the base of the couch just as he entered.

"Yah! Gwaenchanha?!" He said already holding your arms to help you get up.
"Ne."
"Does it hurt again?!"
"No. No. I'm fine." You said as you sat on the couch.
"You always say that. I'm getting tired of it. Obviously you're hurt. Stop making me worry. I hate it." He said blankly. "Eat your breakfast and dress up. We're going to your doctor."

He went to the bedroom and closed the door. Who was he talking to? A phone suddenly started ringing making you look at the floor. Yoongi dropped his phone. You picked it up and looked at the name. 미나. A hand took the phone from your hand. You looked up and tried to make eye contact but he immediately went back to the bedroom and locked the door.

Too much for a morning.

After an hour, you were already in the clinic. You're the first client for the day and Dr. Yoo is still on her way. Yoongi sat quietly opposite you as he typed something on the phone. Is he texting that Mina? You shouldn't be jealous, right? It's not like there's something between the two of you except Holly.

You sighed at the awkward silence making him look. He raised his eyebrows waiting for you to say anything. You just looked away. It's either because you're just bored or...no. No. There's no way you're jealous, ok?! So what if he's talking to a girl?! He's a human too. Maybe he does have a special someone, that Mina. You shouldn't care. Yeah. You don't care. He's just Min Yoongi. Ugh! That's Min Yoongi!

Finally, the door opened and Dr. Yoo entered. You both stood up to greet but her gasp stopped you. She's looking at Yoongi. You weren't expecting her to be like this since she said her brother-in-law is very popular.

"Is...is he your..."
"He's the-"
"I'm her husband." He said grabbing your hand.
You gently pushed his hand off yours. "We...uhhh...came to ask about the constant pain I experience."

Dr. Yoo stared at you in shock. She probably saw that. You just looked away. He should stop acting like this if he already has a lover. Dr. Yoo went to her chair and sat.

"Please sit."

You both sat again. You feel his eyes on you so you did your best to keep your eyes on Dr. Yoo throughout the whole checkup. She explained to you a few more things. She also gave Yoongi a few reminders. He nodded at each of them.

"Actually, I gave birth to my first child months ago so I know how it feels. If it hurts too much, you might as well just do it."
"It?" You asked her.
"You know. The way you made your baby."
"You mean..."
"Intercourse."

That made you glance at Yoongi. You leaned back and glared at Dr. Yoo. She's trying not to laugh. Is she saying this because she thinks you're in some sort of a fight?

"I'M SERIOUS!"
"No, you're not."
"Yes, I am." She said giggling. "We did it a few times when I was pregnant. It helps the baby find it's way out so it would be an easy labor for you."
"Seriously?"
"DO I LOOK LIKE I'M JOKING?!" She said grinning.

You rolled your eyes at her making her laugh. She seems like she's having a good time joking around with you. Yoongi's phone started ringing again. You saw 미나 flashed on the screen.

"Go ahead. Answer it. I'll follow you outside." You told Yoongi without looking at him.

He obeyed and left you with Dr. Yoo. She stopped laughing as soon as he left and immediately leaned on the table to get closer to you.

"Is that Suga from BTS?!" She whispered.
"Yes."
"You didn't tell me your husband is-"
"He's not my husband. It was just a mistake for him. He's just doing this for the baby." You said more to yourself instead of her.
"Oh, Y/N-ah. Come on. Stop that. You know it's not good for the baby to think about things like this. Stop it."
"I need to stop lying to myself."
"Y/N! Where is all this negativity coming from?! I can't tolerate this."
"It's the truth."
"Aigoo. Stop thinking this way, ok? Get some rest and push all the negativity away! Got it?!" She held your shoulders and made you face her.

You looked at her. Her smile is encouraging. Is there a chance for your life to be like hers? She's happy with her family. A child, a loving husband. You returned the smile and nodded.

"Good. Now get some rest. Stop overthinking. It doesn't help with world peace you know."
"Ne. Thanks. I'll be back." You said as you got up to leave.
"You didn't bring pizza so it's not free but since you brought him along, it's 50% off."
You turned to give her a threatening look. "Eonni,"
"Haha! Come on! You should be happy!"

You smiled and shook your head. You continued walking to the door and opened it. You saw Yoongi waiting outside. You don't know how to face him after what you did earlier. Is he mad? He was quiet again. He didn't even say a word.

"And Y/N-ah," Dr. Yoo called you making you look.
"Ne?"
"I wasn't kidding about the it. It helps ease the pain. Seriously."
"Oh shut up, Choi Jieun."