Chapter Two Paul's Revenge : Page 18

So the next day the Bowman's, and Paul rode out to the town of Cherry Hill to kill those first two lawmen that shot at him, and Maggie on the night they went out on the town to watch a play, so Paul figured he'd get even by gunning them down, so they get to town, and they arrive at the marshals office.  Paul had told the Bowman's to take positions so, Clint takes the front of the building, and William Gee take the side of the entrance, and Art takes the back entrance. But Paul rushes inside to shoot the marshals, but the marshals was just  too fast for him, so they shoot him, and wound him very badly. The Bowman brothers heard the shots that were fired but also heard Paul's scream in pain, so they rush in to see Paul on the ground unconscious, and they seen the marshals gathered around Paul because they thought they finally captured a known outlaw, and a wanted man, but then the Bowman brothers, took on  the marshals Art shoots, and hits the chief marshal in the leg, and Clint hits the same marshal in the head, and William Gee shoots the other marshal in the groin. However, they ran over to Paul, and notice he's barely breathing so they jump back on their horses with Paul strapped on the back of his new horse Strawberry Sunshine. They had got back to the hotel, and Maggie was startled because the three brothers came in, and they're in a big rush, and  Maggie says to them ''Oh Lord! and who are y'all?." Clint said to Maggie "Ma'am I can explain!" and Clint then replied "Your husband, and us went to the town of Cherry Hill to kill the chief marshal and his deputy. Their names was James, and Timothy!." To be honest Paul had got shot Ma'am, and he's in bad shape, Clint goes on into explain and Clint told Maggie how Paul had got shot 2 times by the marshals, once in the leg, and second in the shoulder. Clint told Maggie, Clint then said "Paul  may not make it! But it'll be a miracle if he survives!" Clint said to Maggie.