Page 23

So the next morning Paul feels guilty for kicking out Clint and Paul tells Maggie after breakfast, "I'm gonna go see if I can find Clint, and check on him!." So Maggie fixes his plate of eggs, and bacon. So Paul scarfs it down, and jumps on Strawberry Sunshine, and rides to find Clint, as Paul was riding he finally finds Clint after hours of riding, but it was too late and Clint had bled out, and Clint was deader than a doornail. While crying, Paul goes out to and buries Clint's body, and rides back home, and Paul tells Maggie about it, and Maggie felt guilty, but Maggie said "We tried, but Clint was a heathen and the Lord let Satan have him, and Satan killed him!." "God has a plan for us all!" Maggie said to Paul, and Paul said "You're so right baby!", and Paul writes in his diary.
Dear Diary, I felt bad for what happened to Clint, I just hope God, and Clint both forgives me Paul had wrote in his diary. That night, Clint's brothers rides out to Paul's hotel room, and said to Paul "Is Clint in there?" Paul then turns to Maggie, and says "What do we do?." Maggie tells Paul "We have no choice we better confess, and tell the Bowman's what happened!", so Paul and Maggie starts telling the story, and Clint's brothers said to them "We helped you Paul, and you betrayed our brother like that!." " Damn you! Damn both of you!" Art said to them. Paul said to Art and William Gee Bowman "Get out of here!", but Art and William Gee started shouting, saying "Kill Paul, and Maggie!." So the Bowman brothers start shooting at them but also wounded poor little innocent Clara, Paul said to Maggie "Go take care of Clara!." So Maggie did while Paul is fighting for his life, Paul shoots Art in the neck while William Gee gets scared and rides away on his horse. Paul then goes inside to check on Maggie and Clara when he walks in Maggie turns to him, and said to him "She's fine it's just a minor gunshot wound, but I want all the Bowman's dead!." Maggie had said to Paul however, Paul had said to Maggie "Clint, and Art is dead, now the only one still alive is William Gee!" said Paul. But then Maggie said to Paul out of anger "I want his ass wiped clean from this earth!" So Paul goes to hunt down and gun down William Gee, when he finds him but Paul shoots him 3 times one in the shoulder, one in the chest, and one in the head. Paul doesn't bury William Gee he just leaves him out for the buzzards and other critters to eat on.