Chapter 5

****Kira****

If I could describe what I was feeling right now it would be utter fright, confusion and uncertainty. From the moment I presented the design on the P&L bid, I was confident. I was a little nervous, but confident and excited because it all went perfect. Until, I saw him.

My eyes at that moment I thought were deceiving me and I thought my mind was playing tricks with me. I was in total shock that instant when I find out that the gorgeous guy I had a one night stand with is none other than Maximilian Chase.

My heart was careening out control as I stared into beautiful gray eyes that were just as surprised to see me as I was to see him. Then we were introduced and we shook hands, they felt strong and warm. A part of me didn't want to let them go.

The strangest sensation washed over me as our fathers talked and then he spoke. His velvety smooth voice had a timber to it that made me tingle all over. I was basically standing in awe at the guy before me as I discovered we both have the same things in common. Who would have thought that?

Then my moment of nervousness set in when he asked if I could join him for something to eat. I was surprised when our fathers didn't think twice about it and agreed.

We left the conference room and walked in silence to the elevator. On the ride down I could feel his gaze on me. Would it be insane to express my desire to face him and kiss him? Wait, where did that come from? I can't be thinking this now.

My mind was playing so many scenarios on how to handle this, but I couldn't come up with a solution. I could barely face him. We finally arrived at a Japanese Restaurant and we were seated in a quiet, secluded section in the back. It was late so there were very few people around.

We sat and gave our drink order. The whole time I spoke his gaze was on me.

A brief silence followed as our drinks were set on the table and the server left us alone again.

Then he spoke.

"I know this is kind of awkward Kira, but we have to talk about what we did the other night," he said.

I slowly looked up into his eyes, did regret swirl around the realization of what we did?

What do I say? What can I say? I felt so embarrassed I was at a loss for words. I couldn't bare to see the look in his eyes as he speaks. Why was this happening to me? I wanted to cry so bad.

Then there it was the question of the evening that had me wishing the ground beneath me would swallow me whole.

"Kira, look at me," he urges.

I had no choice but to. But when I did, I could see the sadness in his eyes and the fear my answer brought on.

"Was this your first time?" He asked.

When I answered yes, I saw the color drain from his face and he didn't look too happy. But who would?

What do I say to mend this? Do I tell him not to worry about it? Which isn't going to happen, because he looked so worried at this point and not too happy.

"Kira, how old are you," he asked next.

And that just confused me. Why? Am I too old to be a virgin? Is it too hard to believe that I was? W.. Why would he ask me that?

"I'm 17," I whispered. A little perturbed, he was asking my age.

I jumped as he swore shutting his eyes closed tightly and he raked his fingers through his hair. Wild and disheveled, he looked at me.