Gold Wolves

Somewhere, just inside Gold Wolf territory, three wolves had gathered together in a small scout patrol.

But they had plans of their own:To take down the Quartz Wolf Army.

The youngest of the company stamped his paw angrily in the dust. “I don’t understand why we can’t just massacre them, Taryn.” His voice became a mask of regret.

The middle wolf, a timid yet willing male shook his head uneasily. “Seriously, Ash? Just us against a whole patrol, maybe of more than a thousand wolves.” He shook his head, ears flattened. “No.”

The oldest male raised his head, staring them both in the eye. “I agree with Taryn. We’re horribly outnumbered on our own. But, if we get more troops…” his voice trailed off in thought, eyes closing, but snapped open as Ash barked, "If we kill them off one by one, it'll become easier. Fewer and fewer." His voice was heavy with optimism, eyes sparkling wildly. "We can do it! We're Gold Wolves!"

But Taryn's voice was still timid. "We may lead them to us if we do it."

The oldest male nodded again. "Possibly. But we have good strategists. We can lead the Quartz away from us, make them think they're winning. Then," he determinedly swiped at the ground, kicking up dust into the air. "We strike hard."
"They will not gain their independence. Right, Ash?" Taryn turned to where the youngest of their company was supposed to be sitting; however, he'd disappeared off into the night. "Ash? Where are you, Ash?Ash? Ash!"