Thirteen

The height was too dizzying for him to handle, especially when he was so close to blindness.
Erlin had sensed danger at a moments notice, and then had picked the Doctor up by his scruff. Now they were off to someplace Erlin called the Capital.
He'd been silent for the whole trip, not protesting, even though Erlin's teeth were digging into his neck.
Did that idiot have to turn into a dragon? I can almost feel blood dripping down my neck.
He snarled to himself. He felt like he was a kit that was being carried by their mother.
Not only that, he felt like he was in trouble for doing something extremely, idiotically stupid.
Scratch that, he was.
He was dropped to the ground suddenly, landing with a loud thud. He heard Erlin alight moments later. He must've bent down to let someone off, for he heard another loud smack of paws.
He heard Fire set down. The shifting of her paws told him that she was worried.
Something was up.
The air sounded hollow, with no drafts that told them that they were near a building. "We're not near the Capital, are we? Heck, if it's anyplace, I'm willing to bet we're in the middle of nowhere!"
Thirteen circled around, almost as if he were going to lie down for a nap, but didn't. He pulled an angered face and turned to where the others could be.
All three of them shifted on their paws, from the sound of it. They sounded guilty for some reason.
"There's something we need to tell you." Erlin whispered, barely audible. The Doctor tensed up in fear as it grew unnaturally silent.
"What is it?" The fur along his spine lifted; he began shivering for the exact same reason.
However, he began to suspect. "It's about Ruby, isn't it?" The Doctor frowned. The air around them grew tense again. "I know it. Just tell me and we can go."
He heard a breathy sigh from Erlin. "You're right. This is about Ruby."
"Erlin." Fire cautioned, voice sounding desperate. "Don't."
"I brought you here to tell you... To tell you... Ruby's dead, Doctor."
The Doctor shook his head. No. Don't tell me that. "What?"
His voice choked up in mingled anger and grief. "What in RASSILON'S NAME HAVE YOU DONE!?"
He was about to protest more, when he felt himself being picked up again. "You idiotic bastard! Put me down, fool!"
Erlin gently shook his head, shaking Thirteen in the process. "We're heading for the Capital, nowhere else. You can yell at me all you want on the way there."