President

I will not die! Do you hear me?! A billion years of Time Lord history riding on our backs! I will not let this perish. I will not!

Rassilon, The End Of Time (Doctor Who, 2010)

The orb swirled, a sphere of pulsing blue, green, and purple, staining the High Animus' paw a rainbow of color.
"Show me Erlin." The President murmured, his voice monotone, his claws tapping, his golden eyes narrowed against an otherwise impassive expression.
The small dot of violet appeared on the orb, next to a star of orange, which the President could only guess was not a wolf.
They were being followed by three copper dots - a Copper Wolf scouting patrol.
"Hide the orb, animus." The President turned away as the orb vanished, facing his Council. "We need to think of a better strategy, something to rid us of that terrible threat upon us. Visionary?"
He whipped his head to face a trembling, thin silver-violet wolf. "Anything?"
The Visionary scratched at the paper before them. "Nothing L-Lord President. A-at least, fro-from what I could find."
With a furious howl, the President snacked his paws atop the bronze table. Then sound resonated throughout the room, making the Council go quiet.
"I will not let our kind perish! A billion years of Great Wolf history riding on our backs. I will not let it perish. I will not."
The Council looked fearful; the President tapped his dewclaws on the table. "Visionary?"
"Y-yes, sir?"
"Look deeper. There's got to be a prophecy somewhere."