【Chapter 1.2】

"𝐿𝑜𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓋𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎

"𝐿𝑜𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝒾𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝓋𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝓃𝒾𝓉𝓎." – 𝒜𝓃𝒹𝓇𝑒 𝒢𝒾𝒹𝑒

【Chapter 1.2】

Flashback to Seven years old

"Chase! Chase! CHASE!" I called. Running out of the house toward the back yard. After having discovered a new melody on the piano that I had been working on the last few days up in my room I needed to show Chase!

"What?!" Chase shouted from the tree house above the far-left corner of the back yard. I loved that it was right across from my window, it was the perfect view. It was painted white with blue boarding. I loved our tree house because Dad helped Chase and I build it together. Mom helped us put together somethings inside to cozy it up along with some of our toys. He and Ryan both poked their heads out. Annoyance flared through me at seeing Ryan in OUR Treehouse. I pushed the feeling away and told him my great news.

"I figured out a whole new melody on the piano" I chirped. "It's so cool you have to come to check it out!!"

He just stared at me a moment before Ryan interrupted.

"Really because honestly, I don't think you even know what cool is. You're a nerd. You always have your head in a book or you're always playing the piano. You don't even have any friends." Ryan sneered back at me.

I was furious. "I do too" I nearly shouted at him. I smirked and stated "My brother Chase. Right, Chase?" I asked for confirmation.

Chase smiled softly down at me and said: "Ya totally." His brown hair flopping in his brown eyes, that matched my own, as he nodded his head.

Ryan rolled his eyes climbing down with Chase following close behind.

"Yeah surprise surprise your own brother is your ONLY friend shocker there," he said as he rolled his eyes.

My eyes started to tear up and I looked up at Chase for support. I hadn't any idea what to say to that.

He just looked at me sadly. "It's okay Devon. I just understand you is all."

He tried to smile at me, but it looked forced. I just shrugged and nodded back, feeling the pain consume me and yet my body still felt so numb and yet inside I felt ashamed.

"Let's go play Chase," Ryan said walking off to the where we kept the football equipment. My brother and Ryan had joined a football little league just last week and we're already working hard to get into football teams for the middle school team.

Chase replied, "maybe later Devon?" before turning and heading off toward Ryan who was tossing the football toward an all too eager Chase.

"Sure" I whispered giving him a tiny smile holding myself together.

I ran back upstairs and wrote for the entire night and never came back out. Chase never came to hear my song either. That was the first of many disappointments.

【Like, Comment, Share and stay tuned for my next chapter of Devon Blue!Sneak Preview:】

"Seriously you two! Devon has been in the city less than two minutes and you have her swearing and talking sports. Seriously Tom!" My mom replied shaking her head at dad and I's antics. We were both baseball fans and went to games when I was younger.

"Come here sport," my Dad said getting all choked up at our little reunion. My dad was a 6'5, 200-pound man and he was coming at me a full force for a bear-like hug, but I didn't mind. I hugged him back just as hard if not harder.