【Chapter 12.4】

【Chapter 12.4】

"𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕, 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑." - 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚗é 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚠𝚗

𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘈𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥:

𝘌𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘋𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘥𝘰𝘤𝘶𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘰𝘮𝘴. 𝘈 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦.

【Chapter 12.4】

"I like the black and white one better." Nash chirps at my question.

I was editing a couple photos during lunch and needed a second opinion.

"Me too. It looks amazing." Angie offered with a bright smile.

"Yeah definitely," Falcon added looking over my shoulder at my last edit on my laptop.

It was the next day at lunchtime and I was so ready for Friday. Going to school this week without Dev was a drag.

Which was a jarring thought because I had gone to high school without Dev for my first three years. But I could barely make it a week without wanting to hang with my sister.

I missed my best friend.

"Thanks guys I'll save this edit," I reply back excited that I had finally chosen this the way to edit this photo.

I was just adjusting the lighting of the photo when I hear the conversation at the table stop. I look up and see Dev coming my way.

Her hair is wet like she just got out of the shower and she's in a pair of oversized sweats, a t-shirt, with some plan white vans. Her face is free of makeup and her hair is in a pony.

She finally makes it to the table to join us.

"Hey." She greets everyone before hugging Nash and Angie. She pops her bag beside mine on the floor.

"Did you finish early and head back home before making it here?" I ask.

"Yeah I rushed over from the last shoot to our house and now I'm here." She replies a little breathless. I try not to notice how small she looks but I can't help but worry.

"Let's go grab you a lunch and you can tell me about your morning." I offer with a grin. There's no doubt she would have another story about her shoot today.

I was starting to think my sister liked to prank her photographers if not downright entertain them.

"Sounds good." she huffs out.

Then I stand up pulling her into a hug before I set off in the direction of the serving area.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about something." I offer.

Her gentle smile is wiped off her face and now I feel like an ass. But she had to know.

"I saw the magazine the other day," I say quietly as we head up to the salad/ sandwich bar.