【Chapter 11.5】

"𝙸𝚝 𝚊𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘

"𝙸𝚝 𝚊𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚘."– 𝚆.𝙲. 𝙵𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚜

【Chapter 11.5】

I'm on the couch in the living room trying my damnedest to stay up for Chase. To hear all about homecoming and his time with Angie and his friends. But I can't fight my eyes from closing.

It doesn't feel long before I hear the alarm is disarmed. But my mind doesn't panic.

"Blue? You up?" Chase whispers out softly.

I try to mumble that I am. That I waited for him. That I wanted to hear all of his stories from his night. But I can't seem to make my lips move or my eyes open.

I hear what sounds like Chase kicking his shoes off as he reengages the alarm system.

"Blue I can't wait to tell you everything in the morning," Chase whispers happily. He moves near the couch and tosses my blanket over me again. It must have slid off the couch earlier.

He nestles himself on the other end of the couch and slides my feet onto his lap before pulling the blanket over us.

"It was amazing, Falcon took over the band's set and sang one of your songs, and Jacob and Ethan had a dance battle. Surprisingly Ethan won." I can hear Chase's wonderment and then I feel a smile grow on my face.

"I wish you were there though. You would have loved it." Chase says yawning out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sunshine on my cheeks wakes me up from a deep and comforting rest. I haven't slept this well for a couple of weeks and it's just what I needed.

I hear a clatter of utensils drift from the kitchen and the bustling of people as I imagine their moving around the island and reluctantly open my eyes. Charlie has laid himself in front of the couch and is watching me with big puppy dog eyes. I give him a smile and reach to scratch his ears.

I stand up to stretch and head out of the living room and to go check out the kitchen. When I walk in I take in Mom and Dad cooking breakfast and Chase, and Falcon at the island sitting on bar stools. They're dressed in sweats and their football hoodies.

I refrain from rolling my eyes. They were matching.

"Good afternoon Blue, glad to finally see your awake." Falcon chirps as he takes in my disheveled appears.

Mom smiles to herself while whisking up some eggs.

"Good afternoon Blue." She greets.

"Afternoon baby Blue." Dad welcomes.