【Chapter 10.5】

【Chapter 10.5】

"𝚂𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏."– 𝙰𝚕𝚊𝚗 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚜

Dad took the rest of the workday off. He said he wanted to be cool and play hooky with us. We went to grab burgers at the shake shack.

We were seated at a table and it was warm and sunny out. I was in my crop top and mini skirt. It was cool against my legs and arms. Refreshing. I felt like I could breathe a little easier outside of school.

I always felt like that.

Dad and Chase got burgers and Shakes. I got a salad and piece of grilled chicken. I ordered a lemonade with ice to sip on. They noticed but made no comment.

"How long?" Chase asks watching Dad dip with French fries.

"How long what?" Dad asks confusedly.

"Am I grounded for?" Chase asks softly.

"Oh, you're not." Dad laughs while wiping his face from ketchup with a napkin. I smile. There was the softy.

"Excuse me? I'm not grounded. Am I getting this right. I put He who shall not be named in a chokehold and I'm not grounded for it.

Dad rolls his shoulders. I sip my lemonade watching on in amusement. This was too good.

"Nope." Dad pops another fry into his mouth and then sips on his vanilla shake.

Fuck the shake looks so good. Dad catches me glancing at it and his brows dip. I turn my head back to my salad, trying to hide my blush.

"Why?" Chase asks.

"Chase I don't condone senseless violence. I also don't condone Bullying. Especially after what this family has been through. I do condone fighting in what you believe in, standing up for yourself, and protecting your loved ones. You didn't instigate the fight Chase. Ryan had been looking for one. He wanted one. I won't have that boy hurt my children anymore." Dad finishes. I look up watching him make sure that Chase understood what he was really saying.

Dad looked over at me and slid his shake toward me. I can't hide my blush anymore, so I whisper a small thanks and sip on it.

It's delicious.

"So, you lied to my principal?" Chase asks bemusedly.

"Like you haven't." Dad chuckles out and tosses his napkin at Chase. Chase can move out of the way in time and it hits him in the nose.

I snort and both of them look at me simultaneously. Then they look at each other and crack up.

"But seriously you two. Don't tell your mother that I threatened the Principal." Dad warns sheepishly.

And then we all laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How have you not failed class yet Blue. I've yet to see you do homework." Falcon replies as he sits on my bedroom floor next to Chase.