【Chapter 3.1】

"𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙, 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕡𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤

"𝕀 𝕒𝕞 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕞𝕪𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙, 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕡𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕𝕤. 𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕤." ― 𝕃𝕒𝕦𝕣𝕚𝕖 ℍ𝕒𝕝𝕤𝕖 𝔸𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟

***** Special shout out to the amazing artist that created this Chapter cover TwistedSymphony22!

【Chapter 3.1】

Past, future get reacquainted but seriously please don't fuck this up I really wanna be friends

I was almost ready for bed after getting off the phone with Noah. Jet lag had caught up with me and I didn't think I could last much longer without falling asleep. But, the more I thought about the dinner, and Chase not evening talking to me this afternoon, the more it bothered me.

I wanted to fix things between us, to mend us, but given his lackluster response to me, today was a clear indication I had to be the one to reach out first.

So, with that thought in mind, I exit my bedroom heading down the second-floor hall towards Chase's bedroom. I knock on his door waiting for what I didn't know. I waited and heard a reply "I don't want to hear it, Dad." From a muffled Chase.

Didn't want to hear what? What the hell was Dad telling Chase that Chase already anticipated another lecture about it? Taking a deep breath, I called out softly "It's me Chase." Hoping for him answering the door without the same attitude he had for Dad.

For a moment that feels like fucking forever, I hear nothing. Not the sound of breathing, or movement or Chase's voice. Then after some time, I hear rustling and before long I see the doorknob move as he opens it with a disinterested look on his face. I kind of should have seen this coming.

"Hey," I replied giving a hesitant smile.

"Sup." He replied after glancing up at the ceiling as if to look for paitence.

Awkward. "I just wanted to say hi and that I'm really happy to be home for our senior year together. We didn't talk much this afternoon or at dinner so..." I ended hoping he would open up or say something, anything.

He looked annoyed and frustrated. He crinkled his brows before replying "Ok. Fine. Are you done because I would like to go to bed now if that's all?" He asked. Tonight, was not my night. Maybe tomorrow maybe.

"Yes. Goodnight Chase." I say softly before turning around and head back to my room before he can utter another annoyed sentence. I enter my bed with Charlie by my side and settle in for the night. I glance back at the tree house in the window that faces the backyard. I close my eyes and release the breath I hadn't realize I have been holding since knocking on Chase's door.

I was more than ready for sleep. So, I closed my eyes and snuggled closer to Charlie and let sleep take me.

It.

Was.

Fucking.

Bliss.

Like, Comment, Share and stay tuned for my next chapter of Devon Blue!

Sneak Preview:

 Making my way through the old neighborhood again was both a good and bad blast from the past. I remembered all the kids I grew up with and how they had mocked, judged and ridiculed from afar while I could only dream of being normal enough to one day join in and play with them. To be included while instead, I wasn't. But the thing about that all, is that I wasn't that same girl now. Only time would tell if they were the same kids but I know that I'm not. The difference I guess was perspective. Life was all about perspective.

As I let that thought work as a filter it worked to brighten the rest of my mental state during my run. I ended with a three-mile run and got some ran good sun and the chance to see the raw beauty of my childhood suburban neighborhood.