【Chapter 12.5】

"𝙸𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝; 𝚑𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚖𝚙𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝚘𝚏. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗."– 𝙵𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚁𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜

TRIGGER WARNING: Hello amazing readers, I wanted to premise this with another trigger warning as the topics of the following chapter are very intense. This chapter deals with elements of eating disorders, and descriptions of the symptoms of them as well as similar themes. Reader discretion is advised. If your not in the right frame of mind with those topics at this time, that's okay. Just skip this chapter. Let's work together to be mindful of the use of space and how it affects those that deal with these themes whether directly or indirectly with compassion, sensitivity, and openness with triggering topics. Again reader discretion is advised.

Warning: Shits about to hit the fan.

【Chapter 12.5】

Chapter 12.5

C H A S E

It was a lazy Thursday afternoon. The band would be here tomorrow. I was actually looking forward to hanging with Noah again.

Tristan, not so much.

I was at the island looking at my laptop trying to figure this out.

It looked simple enough but considering the last time I tried to cook something I ended up burning water, I was doubting my baking capabilities.

My parents were at work, and I was home alone. I thought I could rope Dev into trying to make a strawberry short cake with me. She was supposed to be back from therapy any minute.

I scroll down the recipe double checking that we have all the ingredients.

I hear the front door chime alerting me that Dev's home.

She rounds the corner in a pair of sweats and an oversized hoodie.

With a Starbucks.

It was 80 degrees out.

I don't comment.

"How was therapy?" I ask before grabbing a mixing bowl. I send a text to Falcon letting him know I was totally capable of baking this cake.

At least I thought I was.

I look up in time to see Dev shrug her shoulders before her eyes meet the counter.

"That bad?" I question softly setting the bowl down and leaning over the counter as I focus my attention on her.

Another shoulder shrug.

"It's not bad, it was just... hard." She replies.

I shake my head letting her know I heard her. That I was listening.

"Sometimes I have to learn truths about myself and then I have to admit them. And as much as I don't want to, I have to." She supplies.

"That's what I admire most about you. Your resilence. The way you preserve through everything." I admit softly.