【Chapter 12.2】

"𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚜. 𝙰𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏-𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍."– 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚗 𝙻. 𝙰𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛

TRIGGER WARNING: Hello amazing readers, I wanted to premise this with another trigger warning as the topics of the following chapter are very intense. This chapter deals with elements of eating disorders, and descriptions of the symptoms of them as well as similar themes. Reader discretion is advised. If your not in the right frame of mind with those topics at this time, that's okay. Just skip this chapter. Let's work together to be mindful of the use of space and how it affects those that deal with these themes whether directly or indirectly with compassion, sensitivity, and openness with triggering topics. Again reader discretion is advised.

【Chapter 12.2】

C  H  A  S  E

It was 5:30 and we were starting dinner. Falcon stayed to join us but Jacob headed home to spend time with his parents and sister. Mom and Dad set the table with Dev's spot too. And she still wasn't back.

"So, Falcon have you decided what classes your going to take for next semester?" Mom chirped excitedly. She always adored Falcon.

"Yeah, I'm definitely making music again and newspaper too." He replies giving me a grin. That fucker would take classes with Dev and me for the rest of the year. I roll my eyes but can fight my grin.

"Oh, how exciting! The twins were going to take both those classes. I'm so excited to get to see Chase's photographs in the paper. He is so talented!" Mom chirps past the point of excitement. I look at Dad for some help and he smiles at me and shrugs.

Before Falcon replies the front door alarm announces that someone has entered, and Dev arrives through the hallway as a smile graces her face. She was in time to join us for dinner.

Final-Fucking-ly.

"Hey, guys." She chirps coming into hug Dad. She's wearing a grey sweatshirt and matching pants that she definitely didn't leave the house in. But she looked happy. Like really damn happy.

"Hey, Dev. How's the concert? You and Nash have fun?" I ask because I really hope they did.  She smiles over at me with warm honey eyes and I already know.

"Yes, we did. It was the best performance Duncan and the guys have given yet. I'm sure their performance garnered some killer reviews in the coming days." She explains coming to sit beside Falcon and me.

Dad and Mom smile over at her excited to hear that my sister had fun out with her friends.

How many times did I go out with friends back in middle school and left her at home by herself? Dozens of times. And this, this was her first time being back that she went out with her friend to have fun. She was seventeen. This shouldn't be a new concept to her, and it was.

Fuck.

"That sounds great Blue. Glad you both had fun. I bet the show was amazing. I checked out Duncan's Instagram and the pictures were amazing." Falcon replies gazing at my sister as she serves herself some salad.

Kiss ass Falcon. Fuck. At least he was supportive of her. I'll give him that.

She doesn't reach for the main dish of spaghetti and meatballs. She served herself some salad instead. She skips over the lemonade in the pitcher and settles for water.