【Chapter 10.3】

【Chapter 10.3】

𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚖𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖. - 𝙾𝚜𝚑𝚘

Chapter 10.3

We ended up playing in the pool for four hours that afternoon. Noah, the band, Chase, Falcon and Nash. We laughed so hard that we cried tears. We had water fights and Marco polo competitions. We took breaks sipping on our smoothies. Charlie jumped in and joined. It was a fun afternoon.

It was different than the last time I used the pool when Ryan had been over when we were kids.

I wasn't afraid of Chase's friends anymore.

I had my own friends too.

I was happy.

I didn't think about my body the entire time we played.

I laughed with Noah.

And I soaked in the sun.

It wasn't until I went to grab a towel Dad put out for us on the lounge when I saw I had four missed calls from Matt Jensen.

Matt would be Managing us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my room with Noah. We had been writing some music for a couple of hours. He was set to leave with the guys in a couple of hours on the jet tonight. I was working really hard on avoiding that thought altogether. I wasn't ready for him to leave. He wasn't ready to leave. The guys weren't.

But they had to.

Until Christmas. Then they would come back. Hopefully until we toured after I graduated.  But we would hash the details out soon. We had a business call scheduled with Matt Jensen early evening on Monday. It would be a huge conference call between the guys, myself and Matt.

We'd done it.

We had gotten Matt to help us organize the tour and set us up. It was absolutely perfect. It was on the band's terms and based on our work and talent. That meant everything. Especially to Noah and Tristan.

I was relaxing on the bed beside Noah with my song journal in hands and Noah was holding my old beat-up acoustic. We had been working on a ballad. It was beautiful. Charlie was snuggled at our feet and it was the perfect quiet Sunday afternoon.

There was a soft knock at my door. I looked up at Noah as he stopped strumming the strings.

"Come in," I call out before scooching to sit up a little in the bed.

Chase walks in, followed by Falcon and Ethan.

These guys were like brothers. Truly.

"Hey ugghh, sorry to disturb you but do you have a little bit of time?" Chase asks hesitantly. He stretches his arms over his head with a book in his left hand and releases a yawn.

Ethan and Falcon move to the day bed and settle themselves on it. Falcon gives Noah a hesitant smile and nods his way. Noah grins and replies with a soft hey at the guys settling themselves into my bedroom.

I quirk an eyebrow up and set down my journal.

"For what?" I question as Noah sets down his guitar and watches on amusedly. Damn him.

"Um, well we need help for a test we have tomorrow. And since you showed up our teacher last time well it would help. You could do this stuff in your sleep. Would you help us with the study packet please?" Chase asks.