【Chapter 7.4】

"𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏, 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎, 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘." — 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚊 𝙼𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚊𝚢 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚕

【Chapter 7.4】

"Topanga High is gonna fucking wipe the floor with Jefferson High school." I cheer once Mom's out of earshot.

"Hell yeah, they are!" Dad high fives Nash, Angie, and I. We all release a chuckle before making our way to Mom's Minivan.

"You set the gift on the table for me right?" Dad questions. He really wants to surprise Chase.

"Yes!" I whisper back. We settle into the minivan as Dad drive's us to the football game. It's crazy busy in the parking lot but we make it just in time to park and find ourselves the perfect spot on the bleachers.

The countdown for the game begins and the monitor starts at 5...4...3...2...1...

The crowd goes wild as Chase leads the team to the field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Topanga High won. No surprise. Chase and Falcon dominated. It was amazing. I didn't know much about football but I could tell why Chase was captain and Falcon was co-captain. They were amazing. I could see them going pro. Really.

The game had finished up and Mom, Dad, Angie, Nash and I made our way down the bleachers toward Chase and the team. I was still carrying my sign. #19. I was totally reppin' and proud.

We had just approached and Chase turned his attention over toward our group. His eye's widened when he saw Dad. His lips turned up.

"I'm glad you made it," Chase said to Dad and then looked at Mom with a smile. She winked at him.

"Me too son. Me too. You were fire." My Dad said proudly. He went to give Chase a side hug and rough up his hair. I failed to keep my laugh quiet when Dad said "Fire". I blame Tristan for teaching him that. I suppress my eye roll but Mom doesn't. "Fire" she mouths at me before shaking her head. Nash and Angie release laughs themselves.

"Are we ready to celebrate?" Falcon shouts coming up behind Chase and Dad bringing his arms around them both and looking around the now circle of my family, friends, and team.

"Hell Yeah!"

"Duh."

"Let's shower and get started."

"Yes!"

"Well, actually kids, if it's okay Chase, we have a little celebration already planned back home?" My Dad asks. He looks down at Chase hopefully.

"You planned a celebration party for us before we played?" Chase asks surprised.

"YUP." Dad smirks.

"But you didn't know if we were going to win or not." Chase questions still in shock at Dad's move. It touches Chase. Chase tries to hide it, his emotions but he fails. It's the best though. Because I get to see Chase get something he desperately needs and deserves. It makes me happy.

"Chase, I know how you play. You were gonna win." Dad says without a doubt. It's sweet.

"So you threw us a party then Tom?" Falcon questions.