Ch. 67

Ariana

Tuesday, 5:56 pm

"We get to go home tomorrow, princess." I look at Bella who's staring up at me with her huge hazel eyes.

"Yes we do. So I can sleep in my bed." Justin says.

"I agree." I smile.

"I'm gonna go get something to eat. Do you want anything?" Justin asks.

"No thanks." I turn the TV on and decide on a movie from the 90's called Death Becomes Her.

"This movie is so stupid." Justin says before leaving.

I laugh and look down at Bella. Her eyes were half closed, and she was about to fall asleep, again. I smile and lay her down in the incubator.

6:11 pm

"Daddy is back." Justin says as he walks in the room.

I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles.

"What did I do?" He asks.

"Nothing." I shake my head and he comes to sit next to me.

"Well hello." I say.

"Hi. What are we watching?"

"You know what we're watching. It's your favorite movie."

"I highly doubt that."

"What did you get to eat?"

"Food. That's not for you."

"You're so mean."

"I'm kidding. But you're still not getting anything."

"Fine. I don't want it anyway."

"Yes you do."

"Justin, I'm gonna slap you."

"Okay, okay. I apologize, beautiful wife of mine."

"Thank you." I steal a couple of his fries that he had gotten from Burger King, and he rolls his eyes.

"Sometimes I just wanna-"

"Wanna what?"

"Well, if you had let me finish, you would know that I was gonna say kiss you."

"Sure you were." I laugh.

I steal some more of his fries before putting my full attention on the movie.

7:02 pm

"How's everything in here?" The nurse walks in to check on us, like she's been doing all day.

"Great. She's been asleep for about an hour, but it's almost time for me to feed her again."

"Just wait until she wakes up. She won't eat if she's upset that you woke her up."

"Okay. When was the last time you ate?"

"I had some fries from Burger King about an hour ago. Before that it was at lunch."

"Well you should probably eat something else, then."

"Justin!" I yell.

"I got it." He stands up from the couch and leaves the room.

"You have him wrapped around your finger, don't you?"

"Pretty much, yeah." We both laugh and I answer some more questions about Bella before she leaves.

7:10 pm

"I brought your favorite." Justin says.

"Food?"

"Of course it's food. From your rabbit diet."

"How sweet are you?"

"150%."

"Definitely more than that."

I smile as he gives me a gigantic salad that almost looks better than something from McDonald's. Almost.

7:34 pm

"That was the best salad ever." I say.

"I'm sure it was." Justin replies.

I look over at Bella and see her eyes opening, and her face frowned up. I pick her up as she starts screaming.

I feed her, then burp her and she stays awake so I just hold her in my arms while we watch Forrest Gump on the TV.