Ch. 53

Ariana

Monday, 3:47 pm

"We're here!" Aviella yells.

"Yeah, and you're late. So now you're in trouble."

"It's daddy's fault! He got pulled over by the cops!" Aviella says.

"Oh did he now?" I ask, looking up just as Justin walks in.

"I was going 77 in a 65 zone. Don't judge me." He walks into the kitchen and comes back out with a bottle of water.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah." He sits down next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"I missed you." He whispers, kissing my cheek.

"Of course you did. How could you not?"

"Okay, okay! I gave you enough time to be husband and wife. Now you have to be mommy and daddy!" Aviella climbs into my lap and I laugh.

"Avi, I believe you have something very special coming up tomorrow." I tell her.

She immediately beams, jumping off my lap.

"It's my birthday!" She screams, running around the living room.

"Not yet, unfortunately for you." Justin says.

"It's unfortunately for everybody." Aviella groans, falling to the floor.

"Not really." I say.

"Ignore her. What do you want for breakfast?"

"I want pancakes with whipped cream and strawberries!" She yells.

"Done." Justin says.

"Yay!" Aviella screams.

She runs out of the room and I look over at Justin.

"She's crazy." I tell him.

"I know, thanks for reminding me."

"You're welcome."

Justin takes Aviella's birthday list from his pocket and unfolds it. It was written in her adorable 5 year old handwriting and it consisted of 4 things, because she already had pretty much everything. But the first and last things she wrote were so cute.

Aviella's Burthday Liss

a babie sistur
hachimal
a merrycan gurl doll
munie to by my new sistur a toy

Justin bought the Hatchimal last week and I ordered the doll a couple weeks ago. It was already wrapped and in my closet, where she would really never find it.

I had it dressed in a soccer uniform and we would probably be buying more stuff for it once Aviella got her hands on it.

"I'm tired." Justin says.

"Go to sleep."

"I want to, but I don't want to."

"Baby, just go to sleep." I run my fingers through his hair and he sighs.

"Fine."

"I'm gonna go make sure Aviella hasn't accidently killed herself." I say.

He nods, turning the TV onto some football game as I walk upstairs.

I walk into Aviella's room and see her setting up a tea party with all of her stuffed animals and dolls, and when I say all, I mean all. Every single one is propped up on the floor, and only her favorites get to sit at the table.

"Mommy, can you get us some goldfish and apple juice?"

"Is that what's on the menu for this afternoon?" I ask.

"Yep."