You're Still The One

"You call me if you want to come home, okay?" "Yes Mum, I'll be fine." She nodded running her hands through her daughters hair giving her a final kiss on the top of her head. As Grace was wandering out of the door, Connie pressed a hand to the wall watching her. "I love you!" "I love you too Mum."

Grace smiled to her before getting into the car beside Sam, who offered nothing more than a glance towards Connie. The ice cold glare said all that she could want to say to him as she watched Grace wave from the car as they drove away.

Letting the door close to gently, she felt a warm pair of arms snake around her waist as she leant back into his chest. "I hate letting her go..." "I know you do, but she'll be back sweet cheeks. She always is." Nodding with a gentle sigh he moved his lips to her neck, placing tender kissed along the exposed skin.

Connie placed her hands above his as she rolled her head to one side, leaning further into him. "You could at least make this a little romantic and make me dinner first..." Jacob laughed against her skin, his breath hot as she turned around in his arms. "Wanting to be wined and dined are we?" "Well, minus the wine, yes."

Jacob smirked before placing a kiss to her lips, running his hand along the side of her face. "Guess I'll get to it then sweet cheeks." She smiled as he stepped away moving into the kitchen. She waited for a moment thinking he would come back, before realising he really was going to make them something to eat.

Wandering to the kitchen she leant forwards on the counter, watching him open the fridge glancing over his shoulder at her. "What?" Connie raised her brows shaking her head before pushing away from the side. "I'm just going to go upstairs, lay down." "I'll call you when it's ready." Connie nodded with a small smile before disappearing upstairs.

Falling down to the bed she sighed as she stared up at the ceiling before sitting forwards, glancing to the mirror ahead of herself. Getting herself up she wandered into the bathroom taking the jumper from her shoulders and letting it fall to the floor. Switching the shower on, she wandered about picking up a few things before getting into the steaming hot water.

Downstairs Jacob continued to cook dinner before hearing the shower turn on upstairs. Turning the radio up a little he continued moving around the kitchen before slipping out into the garden getting a few things from the garage. As dinner was cooking, Jacob set the small table for himself and Connie, lighting the candles he had strategically placed around the room.

Connie finished drying her hair as it began to sit around her shoulders in small messy curls. Running her hand back through it she moved to the chest of drawers taking out a set of clean underwear before pulling her silk black dressing gown back around herself. She could hear the radio from downstairs which bought a small smile to her face as Jacob's voice continued to sing over the top.

After applying some makeup, she picked up the necklace Jacob had bought for her fastening it around her neck. Seeing the time she realised over an hour had gone by already, and Jacob was still yet to call her down. He had fallen quiet downstairs as she began to wander down.

Jacob walked into the dining room placing the cold bottle in the middle of the table before taking a step back and looking around at everything. He turned the radio up a little more hearing the song that came on knowing it was one of Connie's favourites. She paused on the stairs hearing the music play a little louder before walking through the kitchen, frowning as she didn't see him before noticing the gentle flickering from the other room.

The sight ahead of her took her breath away as she looked at around at everything he had set out. "Jacob..." "Not too much?" She smiled, one hand resting to her stomach the other placed across her mouth before she shook her head. "It's beautiful, you didn't have to do all this-" "I wanted to, and besides when do we ever get a night for me and you?" Connie smirked as he stepped closer to her. "Got something else on your mind have you Staff Nurse Masters?" "Nothing but you Mrs Beauchamp..." She hummed as he kissed her gently before disappearing from the room to get their dinner and bring it through.