The Easy Life

After the stress and upset of the last few weeks Jacob had decided that a night out, just the two of them was strongly needed. "Care to explain where you're taking me?" Glancing across the car towards Jacob who smirked as he continued driving along the road out of Holby. "It's a surprise... Did Grace go off okay?"

Connie groaned with a roll of her eyes as she turned back to the front, leaning back in her seat. "She was not happy that I was making her stay with Audrey if that's what you mean." "She'll be okay." Nodding she leant the chair back a little further as she became comfortable. "Don't go falling asleep on me, I need you awake for this." "I am, I am..."

He couldn't help the small smirk that fell across his lips as he glanced to her seeing how laid back she was. It had been a while since Connie had taken a moment to herself and even longer since they'd had any real time alone together. Despite the argument they'd had only a matter of days ago, the pair were moving forward.

"You know, I really am sorry about what happened-" "I know sweet cheeks... Let's just forget about it. I can if you can?" Slowing as the lights turned to red, he looked across properly at her to see her watching him. "Okay." He smiled brightly as he moved a hand to rest against her thigh. "So, come on! Tell me where we're going-" "No chance." "Jaaacob."

He watched as she folded her arms across her chest frowning but it only made him smile further. Turning back to the road he continued to drive ignoring Connie's pleas to know where it was they were heading. Giving up, she reached forwards turning up the music instead as they drove for another hour.

Connie had drifted off somewhere along the journey as Jacob continued before pulling into a small gravelled car park. The sound woke Connie instantly as she rubbed at her eyes looking to her surroundings. "Are we here?" "That we are sweet cheeks, come on I'll get our bags."

Giving her a little longer to come to her senses Jacob moved to pick their bags up from the back of the car, Connie climbing out as a warm breeze blew around her. "Let me help-" "It's okay, I've got these." He smiled as she rolled her eyes closing the boot of the car before taking his outstretched hand wandering towards the small entrance of what she assumed to be their hotel.

Inside it was simply decorated but in a welcoming way. After Jacob checked them in they took the lift to their floor, their room being on the top floor at the end of the corridor. Pushing the door open, Jacob was quick to drop the bags to the floor against the wall before spinning to face Connie. His hands sneaked around her waist as she smiled up at him, her hands placed to his chest.

"Well muscles, care to explain why you've bought me here?" "I thought you deserved a proper night off. A chance to really let your hair down where nobody knows you." Trailing her hands over his chest before letting them rest against his arms, her eyes dropped before she looked to him again. "You really think of everything don't you?" "I know you too well Mrs Beauchamp."

Lacing her hands behind his neck she leant closer brushing her lips over his with a smile. Jacob responded briefly before parting from her. "Mhm as much as I enjoy this it isn't really the reason I bought you away... Get changed, we've somewhere to be." Arching a brow Connie looked to him suspiciously. "What have you got going on Mr Masters?" "Nothing for you to worry about, shower and I'll meet you downstairs." Kissing her once more, he left the room shortly after while Connie began getting herself freshened up.

It was almost seven by the time Connie left the hotel room. Her hair fell in gentle waves down her back, her makeup simple and plain apart from the deep red across her lips. The small pendant necklace that Jacob had bought her around her neck loosely while the burgundy dress clung to her figure showing every curve, a pair of black stilettos on her feet.