Chapter 41

Shawn and I look at each other. "What?" Shawn says. "I'm sorry, but that are the conditions of the contract, I want to hear your answer tomorrow."

He stands up and shakes hands with Shawn and me. He leaves the restaurant and there are we, sitting on a chair in the restaurant. We don't say a word to each other because if we do, it can't end well..

After 5 minutes Shawn stands up and reaches a hand out to me. He smiles a little to me. I grab his hand and we leave the restaurant.

We walk to his car and I see he has tears on his cheeks. Well, I can't blame him. It's me or a career he always wanted. "Where are we going to?" I ask him carefully. "You will see" he answers quietly. I nod and he starts the car.

After 20 minutes we arrive at a hill. It's not a big hill, a small one. I step out of the car and walk to the edge of the hill. I close my eyes and sigh. Suddenly I feel two strong arms around my waist. He lays his head on my right shoulder and whispers something in my ear.

"I love you, never forget that."

I turn around so I look at his face. I place my hand on his right cheek. "I know you do" I smile quietly. I rest my forehead against his forehead. "I will understand you if you choose for your career." He didn't say something, there was a silence.

Does this mean he is choosing his career above me?

It's so beautiful here. So many lights from the buildings. I look at it and it makes my head empty. Shawn still has his arms around my waist. I don't wear a jacket and it's so cold outside, I have goosebumps.

"Do you have it cold?" he asks worried. I nod quietly. "But it's okay, no worries." He shakes his head and takes his jacket off. "Here" he wants to give me the jacket but I refuse it. "No, Shawn I was stupid to forget my jacket, it's my own fault."

"Jade I will do anything for you, if you're in danger I would save you first before I would safe myself. I would rather have it cold and knowing you have it warm, please take it."

I look at him and give him a kiss on his lips. "You can keep me warm" I giggle. He pulls me closer to his chest and interlocks our fingers. He gives a kiss on my hand. "You're lucky you're so cute" he says. It makes me blush. "Can you promise me something?" I ask. He nods. "I promise you everything."

"If you choose for your career, promise me you will continue with your life. That means, find a new girl who is always by your side and-." He doesn't let me finish my sentence because he kisses me.

"That's something I can't promise you, I will always love you, and I will never let you go again. I would rather have you than a career."

I let a tear go. "Why are you crying?" he asks. "Of happiness" I smile. I jump in his arms and my legs are around his waist. He puts my hair behind my ear. "You're so beautiful" he whispers in my ear. I give him a kiss on his nose and after that on his lips.

He walks with me towards a tree. There lays a blanket he laid there earlier. He carefully lays me on it. "You look so hot in this dress" he smirks. "You look good in a suit." He smiles and continues kissing me.

He goes lower to my belly and he wants to take off my dress. "Shawn, too cold" I smile. "You're right, come with me." He stands up and reaches a hand out to me. I grab it and we walk to his car.

We drive back to my home. I open the door and he closes it. "Now we are going to finish what we started." He lifts me up and walks to my room. I smile and kiss him.

Without breaking the kiss he lays me on my bed. He takes off my dress and looks and my lingerie. "New?" he smirks. I roll my eyes and kiss him. I run through his hair with my fingers. "You want this?" he asks carefully. I give him a friendly push. "If I didn't want it, I would be already gone, of course I want it" I smile.

He takes my bra off and caresses my arm. "You're just so beautiful, I have lost my words to say how much I love you." "Just show it to me then." He smiles quietly and I kiss him. "Oh I will show it to you."

I wake up in Shawn's arms. Today is the day Shawn has to decide if he is going to sign the contract or not. I won't stop him if he did, I would be happy for him. But for our relationship? Well, less happy because we don't have one then.

I give Shawn a little kiss on his lips that you can barely feel it. But it's Shawn Mendes so he feels it. I want to leave the bed but he pulls me closer to his chest. "Good morning girlfriend" he says with his morning voice. "Good morning boyfriend" I say.

Oh and by the way, Shawn knows how much I hate sticky guys, so he said this on purpose. "Today is the day Shawn." I make circles on his chest with my finger. "I don't want to talk about it." He caresses my upper arm. "You have to" I look at him. "Sstt" he kisses me. "You always kiss me when you're avoiding something." He shrugs. "You're just a great kisser."

I roll my eyes and leave the bed. "Damn that booty tho!" he screams. "Shawn!" He laughs and I grab my bathrobe. I stand in front of the mirror and feel two arms around my waist. "We are the cutest couple ever, and we will have beautiful kids" he says and gives a kiss in my neck. I give a little moan.

"I love you Mendes."

I take a shower and Shawn makes breakfast. Just the usual thing. After I took a shower and walk to downstairs to eat my breakfast and check my social media.

I see Shawn posted a picture with me. "Awh" I show him the picture. He needs to blush. "You have so many followers, you're famous boy" I laugh.

"I don't care about followers or fame, I care about you and the music I make."

I smile and check some other pages on Instagram. When it's 3 pm Shawn and I have to go to the restaurant, because there is Andrew.

"Ready?" I ask. He nods and then we head to the restaurant.

"Ah! Shawn and Jade, fine to see you here, take a seat please." I take a seat right next to Shawn. He still holds my hand thightly, just like yesterday.

"So Shawn as you know we are here for the contract, so my question is. Are you going to sign it? Are you ready to give up your girlfriend for a career?"

I look at Shawn and he swallows.

"I made my decision yes" he says.

"Wonderful, what is it?"

"The decision I made is.."