Chapter One

"One more!" Jai yells laughing. I sigh and do another backflip landing miserably. "No more!" I say laughing. "I already failed five times and you recorded all of them" I add flopping myself on to the green grass. Jai lays next to me. "Yeah I know" he responds smirking. "Haha you're so funny!" I say sacarstcally, rolling my eyes. Before I knew it Jai and I were chucking blades of grass at each other. "Kalya!" My mom yells from the back door. "Bye Jai" I say giving him a quick hug before jogging in to my house. When I reach the kitchen my mom is giving me a stern look. "Kayla-" she starts. "You don't like them I know. YOU tell me every single day" I say interupting her. "But Annabeth and Tay can hang out with whoever they want. Right?" I add angrily. My mom looks at me in disbelief, "Go to your room" she says sternly. Without looking back at my mother I stomp to my room and slam the door. I grab my phone and a pair of pajamas and walk in to the bathroom to take a warm shower to calm me down. I press play on my music and step in to the warm shower.

When I finish with my shower, I put on a pair of warm pajama pants and a comfortable tanktop. I go downstairs to eat dinner and see a note on the table from my mom saying everyone had gone out to dinner. I crumple up the note and throw it in to the garbage can. Sighing, I grabbed an apple from the marble countertop and ate it slowly. Once I finish the apple, I walk outside and see Luke and Jai outside wrestling. I try to ignore them and practice my backflips, no need to get in to any more trouble. After trying 10 times i still couldn't get it right so I flopped myself on the grass and starred up at the stars. "Hey" Jai whispers sitting next to me. I slowly sit up, "HI" I respond. "Are you okay? I mean everyones gone and you're home alone" Jai says softly. "I'm alright, see you at school" I say getting up and going inside.  Once I reach my room I see my phone lighting up. I look at it and see a text message from Gina, The Brooks' mom. 

Gina: hi hun! Jai said you were home alone, wanna come hang out? Movie night! We miss having you

Me: Sure why not! Be there in 10 xoxo

Carefully I lock my door and sneak out my bedroom window. I climb down the ladder and walk over to the Brooks' house. When I ring the doorbell Beau answers. "Hey cutie!" he says embracing me. "Hey Beau" I say hugging him back. "Kayla is here" Beau screams shutting the door. I hear Jai and Luke run down the stairs and the next thing I knew I was being embraced tightly. "Ready for movie night" Gina says directing us towards the family room carrying four bowls of popcorn. We may be small but we sure can all eat. 

At the end of the movies it is midnight and I decide to go home. "Thanks for having me Gin" I say kissing Gina on the cheek. "You're welcome anytime. Even though your mom changed her rules, mine are still the same love" She responds hugging me. I nod and give Beau, Jai and Luke a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Night boys" I say walking out of their front door and over to my house. Luckily I locked my door before I left that way no one would be able to tell I was gone. I carefully climb up the ladder, go through my window, close it behind me and then lay down in my bed. Soon, sleep takes over my whole entire body.