Chapter Five

"Wake up Kayla" I hear Jai mutter in the morning. "What?" I ask annoyed once I realize the sun isn't even out. "Wanna get out of here? Me you and Luke?" He asks quietly. I sit up and see him and Luke sitting on my bed. "Where you guys going?" I ask rubbing my eyes. "Our mum said we could do something this weekend to get out of the house so we figured it wouldn't be fun without you" Luke explains. I smile, "You guys do not have to bring me. I'm capable of being on my own." "But you make everyday better. C'mon you've only got one month left before your mom will put you on lockdown again" Jai urges squeezing my shoulder. He has a point, I have been staying here with the guys for the past two and a half months my mom is coming home. "I'm in" I say throwing off my blankets. "Great!" Luke whisper yells. "We packed you a bag" Jai says handing it to me. "Thanks guys" I say hugging both of them. "Let's go camping!" Luke announces when we get in to the car. "Ok, I'm in how bout you Jye" I say nudging his shoulder. "Okay" he says. 

After about a twenty minute drive we arrive at the campgrounds we will be staying at. "Wow it's only 4am" Luke says grabbing his bag. "Why are you guys up so early?" I ask picking up my stuff and chucking Jai his bag. "We wanted to get here before anyone else. Get a good location" Jai responds walking towards a cabin. "So we are camping, in a cabin?" I ask taking in the surroundings. "Pretty much" Luke says throwing his stuff on the bed. "I'm cool with that" I say laughing. "Wanna go to the lake? It's the best early in the morning" Luke says taking out a pair of swimming trunks. "Nah, I'll catch up with you guys later. I have to meet up with someone" Jai responds leaving just me and Luke. "You coming?" he asks me. "Yeah" I say grabbing my bikini. Once Luke and I were finished changing we took the trail down to the lake.

"So how often do you come here?" I ask Luke sitting down at the edge of the lake. "Whenever I need to calm down" he responds sitting next to me. "Oh" I respond looking down. "I'm sorry" Luke blurts out causing me to look at him. "About what?" I ask completely confused. "Ever since you found out about the whole thing with your family I feel like I haven't been there for you and it sucks becuase I want to be a great friend for you and all of it just makes me feel sick to my stomach" Luke says, tears filling his eyes. "Luke, you are the only one who isn't pressuring me to share my feelings and honestly that's the type of person who I need the most. I should be thanking you but I guess I just forgot. So, thank you Luke" I respond wrapping my arms around his waist. "How did I get so lucky to have a friend like you?" Luke asks squeezing me closer to him. "I think the real question is, how am I lucky enough to have an amazing person by my side through everything" I respond. He chuckles and kisses the top of my head. The sun starts to peak over and the wind picks up causing me to shiver. "C'mon let's head back" Luke says grabbing my hand and helping me up. I follow him back to the cabin. "What's going on between you too?" Jai asks when we walk in. I look down and realize Luke and I are still holding hands. My face gets hot. "Nothing is Jai" I say grabbing an outift and going in to the bathroom to change.

"Let's go home this place sucks" Luke says after only being here for a few hours. "I was so hoping you'd say that" I respond gathering all my stuff together. Luke laughs and we all go to the car and head home. 

"Mum what's going on?" I ask Gina when we walk in the front door. "I need to speak to you, alone" she says dragging me to her room. "What?" I ask shaking my arm out of her grasp. "What do you think you are doing? The fans see you with the guys and they get suspicious. You are holding them back Kayla" Gina snaps. "Whatever, I'll just leave" I say slamming the door. I go to the twins room and pack all my stuff up. Once I have everything I start towards the front door. "Kayla where are you going?" Luke asks rushing to my side. "You guys don't need me interfering with your life. Bye Luke" I respond tears running down my face. "Kayla wait" Luke says but I already shut the door.

2 months later

Two months. It's been two months since I've spoken to the guys. My mom seems to be happy with my decision and suprisingly we are getting closer. Everyday at school, Luke Jai and Beau all try to talk to me but I always make up an excuse for me not being able to talk to them. But there's one problem, I can't stop thinking about them. But what I am doing is for the best.

"Luke stop it!" I hear an annoying voice squeak. It's Luke's girlfriend Jenna. "Hey baby you ready?" My boyfriend Jake asks coming up beind me. "Yeah" I respond closing my locker and taking his hand in mine. "So what do we have planned for this weekend?" I ask him once we are in his car. "I was thinking maybe for our 2 month anniversary we could go to a resteraunt and then go see  a movie" Jake responods. "Sounds amazing babe" I say grabbing his hand. He turns my head and kisses me gently. "I have to get you home or your mom will kill me" He says against my lips. "Mhmm" I say breaking away and leaning back in to the seat. When we get to my house Jake walks me up to my front door. "Thanks babe" I say hugging him. "Anytime" he says pressing his lips to mine. I kiss back and he kisses harder. "Maybe we shouldn't do this here" I breathe heavily. "You're right" he laughs. Then he adds "I'll pick you up for our date tomorrow at six thirty." "I'll be waiting" I say pecking him on the lips once more and then walking in to my house. "I like this kid" my mom says once I close the door. "Me too" I respond truthfully. "You're just using him to get your mind off of the Brooks twin" Tay scoffs. "No I am not" I yell. "See you too even have the shortest tempers ever" she yells getting in my face. "Shut up Tay you don't know anything" I say angrily. "At least I know who my father is" she snaps. "Tay that is enough go to your room this instant. I will deal with you later" my mom yells. Tay rolls her eyes but does what she was told to do. "Kayla, don't listen to her. What she said was unecessary" My mom says rubbing my back. "I just want to be alone" I whisper wiping away the tears that are trying to escape. My mom nods and walks upstairs to talk to Tay. Carefully,I go to my room and  I climb up on to the roof and just sit there. "I will find out who my father is" I whisper before climbing back in to my bedroom.