The Wedding

Time just seemed to fly by and before Rory really knew what was happening it was time for them to leave The Plaza. The limo was waiting downstairs for them and as they made their way out to the car, they realized they had significantly underestimated the level of interest that there would be from the press – photographers were clambering over each other, waiting to catch the first glimpse of the woman that was marrying into the Huntzberger dynasty.

The limo made the short journey over to The Yale Club. They had decided to hold the wedding ceremony in the library – as a book-lover, being surrounded by all the old books seemed like the perfect place to Rory.

As she stood outside the door to the room with Christy the wedding organizer, her mom and Kate, Rory suddenly felt very nervous and a little wobbly. She was consumed with thoughts flooding her mind about the magnitude of the family she was marrying into, the life that she was going to live, the awareness that she was going to be bringing two new Huntzberger heirs into the world – and of course the fact that after all this time she and Logan were finally going to commit themselves to each other once and for all.

"Hey, Rory, are you okay kid?" Lorelai asked with concern as she noticed that her daughter suddenly looked very pale. "Do you want to sit down for a moment?"

Rory nodded and Kate guided her over to sit in a chair.

"What's the matter, Rory?" Kate asked.

"I...I am okay, I just felt very overwhelmed for a moment there. I really can't believe that this is happening or that Logan is waiting for me, right there on the other side of the door" she said. "I'll be fine, just need to catch my breath."

"You know, it's not too late to bolt" Lorelai winked "Pretty sure the limo is still outside."

Rory smiled at her mom. "Nice try."

-------

Inside the library, a nervous Logan stood waiting for Rory to make her entrance. He was fiddling with his hands and pushing his hair through his hands – the wait just making him more anxious. He'd never dared dream that they'd actually get to his point and now it was so tantalizingly close he didn't want to wait another minute.

"Relax mate," Finn said as he put his hand on Logan's shoulder.

"She's late," Logan said.

"Only by a few minutes Logan, she's not going to stand you up," Colin said as he patted his friend on the back.

Just then they heard the music start up and the door to the library slowly opened. Logan closed his eyes and took a deep breath before turning around to watch Rory, now on the arm of Lorelai, enter the room. She was absolutely breathtaking, he was pretty sure he'd never seen anyone look as beautiful as she did in that moment. He made a mental note to thank his mother for her helping his fiancé to find the amazing dress that she was wearing, that only served to enhance her natural beauty. He smiled as his eyes moved lower and he could just about make out the gentle swelling of her tummy.

As Logan watched Rory, the absolute love of his life, walking down the aisle towards him, it felt just like time had stopped, everything else around him was a blur and he could see only her. Their eyes locked on each other and he broke out into a wide smile as finally, she reached him. He reached out and took hold of her hand.

"You look...magnificent" he whispered "and damn hot I might add."

"Thanks" she blushed slightly.

"Ready to do this?" he asked her with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Absolutely. You jump I jump Jack" she smiled.

The ceremony was beautiful and for the both of them, it was all about making memories for themselves and their families that would last forever. It had taken some badgering from Emily but Rory and Logan had agreed to write their own vows. Initially Rory had hated the idea but she eventually warmed up to it and in the end, she actually liked the idea of exchanging personal vows.