Blown Away

A college student - 400 word minimum - "I love you."

This is modern day stuff so just go along with it and im sorry this is late it was fourth of july yesterday so yaaaaay happy birthday to the declaration of independence

---

Eliza sat on her bed looking at a picture of her son. Philip had just graduated from Kings College and her and Alexander were so excited to see him again. He was always an amazingly talented student, just like his father. Eliza smiled at the thought of her now-grown son being 9 again. He's always been so talented.

A knock at her bedroom door caught Eliza's attention. She lifted her head, her dark, long hair falling over her shoulders. A handsome, smiling face looked back at her, leaning his body on the doorframe. "Alexander," Eliza stood up and walked over to her husband, wrapping her hand in his. "Elizabeth Schuyler," he smiled back, bringing her hand up to her mouth and kissing it. Eliza blushed. Whenever he did that it would take her back to when Angelica first introduced them to each other.

Someone busting through the door made the two of them jump. A fluffy-haired 19 year old walked loudly across the kitchen and threw his bag down into one of the chairs at the table. Alexander was already standing in the doorway of the kitchen. "Philip?" Alexander asked, his dark eyes looking worried. "Pa, if you had only heard the shit they said about you! I doubt you would've let it slide, and I was not about to!" Their son yelled angrily. His hair looked messy and his freckled cheeks were stained red in anger.

Alexander walked forward and put his hands on his son's shoulders, "Slow down." Philip shook his head and backed out of his father's grasp and looked furious. "I came to ask you for advice, this is my very first fight. They didn't exactly cover this in debate class," Philip held his hands up to his chest, looking a bit anxious all of a sudden. Alexander looked bewildered.

Eliza stepped into the room from the doorway and walked up beside her husband. She felt her heart racing. She was so scared. She heard about this "Eaker" kid; he stabbed the last person he got in a fight with. "Did you attempt to negotiate a peace?" Eliza asked, her voice quiet and clearly nervous. Philip looked at his mom sadly. "He refused to apologize," Philip looked to the ground now. He hated seeing his mother like this; she hates fighting.

Alexander grabbed his wife's hand for support. He squeezed it lightly. "Where is this happening?" Alexander asked, brushing the loose hairs out of his already-pulled-up hair. "Across the river, in Jersey."

Alexander sighed loudly. "Everything is legal in New Jersey," they said in unision. Alexander looked stressed already. "Philip, you're not going to bring a knife or anything to attack him with." Philip's face turned to one of pure terror, "Dad? Are you trying to get me killed?" Eliza turned to her husband. "Alexander, are you crazy?"

He looked like he was deep in thought. "I'm sure he won't stab you. It is not in his interests to kill you." Alexander said flatly, looking into his son's eyes. He looked determined. Philip stared into his father's eyes, as if searching for something. "Fine. I'll only use my fists."

Eliza felt her hands go numb and her face get pale. She frantically stepped forward and grabbed onto her son. "Philip please--Please don't go,"  Eliza's eyes filled with tears. "Please." Philip wrapped his arms around his mother's back and rubbed circles into her back. "Mom, I'll be fine. I'll see you in a few hours." He spoke into her neck and was smiling. They broke apart and Philip pushed some hair out of his mother's face. Eliza grabbed his face and smiled. "I love you so much, baby."

Philip smiled back, looking 9 years old again, "I love you too, Ma." He hugged his father and walked out. He got in his cars and drove to the fighting spot. Eliza couldn't wait to see him and feel the relief of knowing her baby was alright.