You Chose Her

Alexander pushed himself closer to John, relishing the feeling of his lips against his own. John was kissing back, his hands tucked under Alexander's jaw. Alexander had his hair in his taller friend's hair, pulling it slightly. It had only lasted a few breathless seconds before John pushed Alexander away. Alex tried to follow his retreating lips but John refused him. John breathed heavily, running a hand over his hair and red-stained face. He looked almost regretful.

"John?" Alexander asked, reaching for John's hand. John snatched it away. "Alexander, we can't do this and you know it. You're married!" He motioned to the house a few meters away from the men. "I can't do that to Eliza."

Alexander stared back blankly. "We haven't kissed in months, John. Months. It's so hard knowing you might be holding another." John silenced him with a raised hand. "Do you think that same thought hasn't been hurting me for months. I want to kiss you, Alex, I truly do..." Alexander smiled at him. "But I have the morals to know that I cannot. And you should too."

His smile faded into a straight line formed by his lips. His eyes grew significantly darker at John's remark. "My morals? My morals?" Alexander looked ready to leap on John. "At least I found someone to marry! You're still hoping to find someone when someone is right in front of you! Why can't you-" "You're goddamn married, Alex! Get a hold of yourself." John couldn't stand it anymore. The nights he spent with Alex kissing Eliza circulating through his mind sent shivers down John's spine and arms. He wished Alex would love him like that, but this man is truly incapable.

"I'm right here, John! You're right there! We're both in love and now you're going against your own wants because of your morals," Alex spat back. John couldn't think of anything else to say except express the only thought that he wished to tell Alexander since the wedding.

"You can't complain, Alex."

"And why is that?"

"Because you chose her."

Alexander's jaw clenched. "I know what I did, but that doesn't mean I don't have wants, John. I still have needs. I still need you!" Alexander pressed on. "You have a wife." John hated saying that but it was true. "She has wants and needs that as a husband you need to relieve her of. You're her husband. Be one. Do it for me, Alex."

The shorter man looked pitiful. His head was low and his hands were balled up into fists at his sides. John reached forward and held him as he let out sobs. The small hiccups he let out were felt across John's chest. After a few short minutes, John pulled Alex away from his body and looked down at his dark eyes. He let his lips wander to Alexander's for the last time. Alex kissed back with a short peck on his lips. "I'm sorry, Alex. You chose this life and now we must live it out." Alexander nodded, wiping his surprisingly dry face with his sleeve.

"I do love you, Alex."

"I love you as well."

---

Sorry for being away for so long. I kind of fell out of the Hamilton loop. I still love the musical but I've moved onto other things. I might still right some things every once in a while, but they'll definitely be more spread out. It definitely won't be two writings a week like it used to be, but I'm sure you guys won't have to wait months for the next part. I'll see you guys some other time, bye!