Christmas Eve

Hope you like...

xxx [[[]]] xxx

As Taylor watched Christian, he noticed that his boss was staring up at the physical therapist, looking at the woman as if he was seeing a ghost.

Taylor cleared his throat at that." So... I've been informed that you two know each other? Well... I'll be on my way then... you're clearly in very good hands." he simply said and walked away, leaving the two young people alone in the gym, their eyes still locked on one another.

Christian couldn't believe that it was her. He was seeing Ana with his own eyes, but his mind wasn't processing the information that well.

And as Ana watched him, her mind brought her back in time.

**Flashback **

(Christmas Eve, four weeks ago)

"Doctor Steele! I'm so glad you're here." The young blonde woman exclaimed, as Ana walked into the bungalow.

Half an hour earlier, Ana was having dinner with her dad and Kate, but was called by one of her patients to urgently come to her house. And of course Ana wouldn't be Ana if she didn't put her job first. But with a lot of threatening from Kate and pleading from her father to stay a little while, Ana skipped the entrée and dived right into the main course, eating it as if her life depended on it. Luckily after that, her best friend and father had let her go.

So, here she was at one of her patients house, because she had called Ana to come over.

"Well, Suzy you called me, texted and skyped me. What else am I to do? I didn't have a choice, did I?" Ana replied, as she walked over to the couch where Suzy Warren sat."

Suzy blushed, and covered her face with her hands. After a few moments she looked up at Ana." Sorry, doctor. Did I disturb you? I know it's Christmas Eve. But I felt a tingling sensation in my left knee. Is that normal?" the blonde asked, as she looked at Ana apologetically.

The corners of Ana's lips curled upwards, as she smiled, and almost burst out into a giggle. She wondered how in heaven's name she always got the very needy patients.

'Well, guess it's because no one else had the patience and love to treat said needy patients' Ana thought, as she knelled in front of Suzy, examining the blonde woman's leg.

As her hands worked on Suzy's left leg, Ana asked." Where is everybody? Where is your husband and mother in law?"

Suzy sighed and cleared her throat." Well, they had a dinner/ meeting with very important clients. They really couldn't skip it, that's why I'm home alone." The blonde replied, her voice breaking in the end.

Ana felt a tug at her heart, as those words reached her ears. No wonder Suzy called her; it wasn't because of her leg, but because the young woman was lonely. Ana knew that she was blessed with having a father and best friend who loved, adored and made time for her. Gosh... she was one lucky girl.

At that moment she really felt for the blonde, but didn't want to say anything about it, because Ana didn't want Suzy to think that she pitied the woman. Instead, she changed the subject.

"Your leg is OK, Suzy. Nothing wrong with it. It's normal." Ana stated, and squeezed the blonde's hand lightly." So, what do you think of having a movie night!"

Suzy's face lit up like a Christmas tree, as those words left Ana's lips." Seriously? Movie night?!" she exclaimed, while clapping her hands." Wait, doctor so nothing's wrong with my leg?"