Hailey Kelly Spencer

Chapter 29

It was around 9 in the morning, when Ana took a seat on their bed, ready to have breakfast. However, after what happened the night before, she lost the strength to get up and walk downstairs.

"Knock, knock. Anyone in here?" she heard a very familiar voice say.

Ana turned her head and saw Mia in the doorway." Hi sweetie" She said, and smiled at Christian's sister. "Where were you? Christian told me you got in late last night?"

Mia gave Ana an innocent look and walked towards the bed." Well, I was at Luke's place."

Ana gasped softly in response, her eyes wide, when she realized what Mia was implying." So... did you seduce him?"

Mia sighed deeply and plopped down on the bed next to Ana. "Well, I was trying to... until Special agent Kelly interrupted us..." she replied, and placed a pillow over her face.

"Seriously?!" Ana questioned, and scooted closer to Mia. "Tell me what happened... why was she at his place?"

It was then, when Mia explained to her that Luke and two of his colleagues were hot on Elena Lincoln's trail.

.

.

** Flashback **

After agent Kelly told Luke about the footage, the two of them and Mia went straight to his colleagues' place. Adams wasn't pleased about Mia being there, but Luke protectively said. "She's with me" And grabbed Mia's hand.

"Sir, what I'm about to show you, I've obtained not legally." Adams told Sawyer." Are you sure you want Miss Grey to be involved?"

"She's already involved." Luke replied sternly." Our superiors practically forced us to do this, OK? But I don't give a flying fuck how you've obtained the footage, Adams. I need to see for myself, if it's really Elena Lincoln. I need to be sure, so we can protect Mia and her family from 'El diablo'.

"What do you think she wants, Sawyer?" Agent Kelly asked." If I were her, I'd flee the country. Why risk her freedom to be back here?"

In response, Luke interlaced his fingers with Mia's." I'm not sure, Special agent... all I know is that we have to catch her, before she hurts more people." he replied." I can promise you, that won't happen on my watch."

And it was then, when agent Adams played the footage...

Mia felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up, the moment her eyes landed on that face on the computer screen.

It was her! It was indeed Elena Lincoln! Ana had once shown Mia a very clear photo of the one they called 'El diablo', so even though the quality of the camera footage was poor, she instantly recognized that bitch.

"It's her" Mia and Sawyer both said in unison.

After that awful discovery, Luke hastily brought Mia at Christian's place, while Adams and Agent Kelly drove to FBI headquarters.

At the door, Mia noticed the worried and serious look on Sawyer's face, so she said." You will catch her..."

He shook his head, but Mia grabbed him by his face with both hands and locked eyes with him." I know you will... I trust that you will, Luke."

In response, he crashed his lips onto hers and kissed Mia with so much passion, letting her know how much she meant to him.

** End of Flashback **