Just like his father

Disclaimer: I do not own Fifty Shades Trilogy

Important note: The flashback in this chapter is the continuation of the previous chapter...

...

The sound of an alarm awoke Mia from her sleep. After letting it snooze three times, she finally shut the damn thing off with just one movement.

With her left hand, she automatically searched for that familiar warm body next to her.

And when it dawned on her that he wasn't there, her eyes slowly fluttered open, while an unbearable pain shot through her heart and soul.

"Luke..." was the name she uttered, while trying to keep it together.

These five and a half months have been excruciating without the love of her life sleeping next to her, without receiving his love and kisses, without

hearing his voice nor feel his gentle touches.

She wanted to stay in bed and feel sorry for herself, but it was indeed a brand new day...

People are counting on her.

And the most important person that counted on her was someone she hadn't even met yet...

"Three and a half months, give or take" she whispered, as she got up from bed, and admired her round belly.

While caressing her stomach, Mia felt happy and sad at the same time." You are my strength, Xavier" she uttered, while a lonely tear rolled down her cheek." You are the reason I haven't given up"

.

.

.

After she had taken a shower, Mia walked towards her walk-in closet and smiled, as her eyes landed on a pretty light blue dress.

'I cannot believe Christian and Ana are finally going to tie the knot' were the words that swirled around in her head, as she pulled the dress over her head.

The fabric was soft, and as her eyes landed on the long mirror, a small smile graced her gorgeous face." I look hot" she said aloud, and that's when she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door.

"Mia?" she heard a female voice say.

"Mom, come in... you can help me get ready" Mia told her.

"Oh my goodness" Grace said aloud, when her eyes landed on her daughter." You look absolutely stunning!"

Mia smiled widely, and nodded in agreement." I look hot, right?"

Grace burst out into laughter in response." YES, yes you do, mommy- to-be... you look hot indeed"

As those words tumbled from Grace's pink lips, her heart broke into a million pieces.

She was happy that Mia was smiling again. However, she couldn't bear the thought of her only daughter raising a baby without a loving father. It pained her oh so much, and as she helped Mia with her beautiful hair, she felt so powerless, wishing so badly that she could take Luke's place instead.

Why?

Because Mia needed him more than her, and it so wasn't fair what had happened to Luke.

From day one, he had been the one who had done everything in his power to keep her family save. He truly loved his job and even fell in love with Mia in the process.

That day, five and a half months ago, was the worst day of Mia's life.

When Grace received the call about Luke, she was devastated! She was terrified of Mia's response... Grace was afraid that what happened to Luke, would break Mia.