Be safe, will you?

Note: ONLY a few chapters left and this story will end, you all... :(

.

.

~ Two days later ~

.

"Wow..." Christian heard Ana say, as the both of them watched the sunset.

Ana sat on the bench, and Christian in his wheel-chair next to her, not too far from the house, their fingers intertwined, while a content smile graced their faces.

The safe house was secluded, a lot of land surrounding it, and there was also a path that led to the forest.

Taylor and an FBI agent were present of course, but like usual, they gave the two lovebirds privacy, so they could talk freely.

"I know right?" Ana heard Christian say, as she locked eyes with him." Who would have thought a safe house could be so romantic and the surroundings so idyllic"

Ana let out a deep breath, and whispered." I don't wanna leave this place"

He squeezed her hand lightly, while admiring the beautiful sight before him, the bright yellow colors of the sun mashing with the colors of the clouds, like it was painted by an artist." Well, at one point we can go home. Don't you want that?"

"Honestly, I do... anywhere is good, as long as you're with me, Christian" Ana confessed.

He cupped her face with his other hand, and whispered." What do you say, sweetie? When all of this 'El Diablo' slash Senator ordeal is over and done... do you want to come back home with... me?"

Christian couldn't wait for all of this to be over, so he can return home and be CEO of his company again, even still in wheel-chair.

He seriously couldn't wait for that.

However, Christian was terrified when that day would arrive.

Why?

Well, because of Ana... What will she do? Will she go back home to New York? To her private practice?

Will he lose her... again?

Just the thought made his heart sink inside his chest, feeling an ache that he couldn't handle.

That's why he was squeezing her hand so tightly at one point.

"Ouch" He heard Ana say, making him loosen his grip.

"Sorry" he said and gave her an apologetic look." I didn't mean to..."

She caressed his cheek, and smiled." You don't even have to ask, Christian... you're stuck with me, don't you know?" Ana commented, and stole a quick kiss from him.

However, she was so fast, he barely could revel in it." Come here" he demanded, and cupped her face with both hands.

"What is it?" Ana questioned, and at first she just felt calm and was enjoying the moment, but when she observed him, her heart kicked up a notch." Christian? Something wrong?"

He was looking her straight in the eyes, both hands still cupping her face, making Ana feel as if the atmosphere has caught fire.

"Christian?" Ana whispered, a little scared of the look in his eyes.

He shook his head, and said." Are you sure? Do you really want to come back home with... me, Ana? I'm a cripple, and..."

Christian all of a sudden let go of her face, and looked the other way.