Silent treatment

Hope you enjoy ;)

The fifth chapter

Ana considered herself to be a good and kind... well decent person. Up until now she hadn't done anything illegal in her life. And of course she wanted to keep it that way. However, the circumstances had forced Ana to be in the situation she was in right now. She had been driving for more than an hour, while listening to a CD and... attempting not to catch someone's gaze.

For a moment, her eyes darted towards the passenger seat beside her. When she noticed that he was looking at her, Ana's eyes instantly darted towards the road again.

'Shit.' She thought. He looked pissed. Like totally and utterly furious.

Well, Ana had to admit that she had a good run. Almost 30 years old and never had she violated or done anything illegal.

Up until now that is.

"So... you like this kind of music?" Ana asked, after clearing her throat.

No response. OK.

After ten seconds, she tried again." Are you hungry?"

Silence...

Ana bit her bottom lip, as she decided to give it a rest. He is not responding at all.

After a couple minutes though, Ana decided.' OK, enough of me being quiet.

"You must be hungry. Wanna stop at a diner or... do you wanna grab a Starbucks?" Ana asked, while looking at him for a few seconds." Well, I have to fill up the gas tank. Want a snack, maybe?"

When she didn't get a reply, Ana rolled her eyes at him. After a few minutes a gas station came into view. She then pulled over the van, but before getting out she said." So, I'm gonna grab some snacks to go. Want anything specific?"

Silence. Again... Oh, well. She didn't wait any longer and stepped out the van.

Ana told the gas station attendant to fill up the tank, and then she walked into the store to buy some snacks and drinks. She usually doesn't eat chips or candy bars, but today she was willing to make an exception.

'Will he eat the chips, if I offered it to him?' Ana wondered, as she grabbed three bags of chips with different flavors.

After grabbing two bottles of water, Ana walked over to the cashier counter, and paid her purchases. While walking out the door, she wondered if what she was doing was a good idea. Of course it was... not.

"Today I've officially become a kidnapper." Ana muttered on her way to the van, as her eyes landed on the man who was sitting in the passenger seat." Yes, I already see the headlines. Breaking news! Christian Grey, one of Seattle's wealthiest men has been kidnapped!

They have been driving for almost three hours now, when Christian finally spoke.

"You could've bought sour cream and onion, you know."

Ana had just put chips in her mouth, and instantly began coughing when she heard him speak, almost choking on said chips. She then took a swig from her bottle, and as her eyes landed on Christian she said." Well, I asked you what you wanted, but you were being your brooding self. How am I supposed to know what flavor you wanted?"

"You could've grabbed all flavors... I bet they had sour cream and onion." he retorted without even looking at her." It's my favorite. You do remember that or have you forgotten?"

Ana cleared her throat at that. "Must I go back? Do you want that?" She asked.

Christian's eyes finally landed on hers." So... I have a choice now? Are you sure?"